SCREEN(1,1)
Author Message
 SCREEN(1,1)

something is wrong!    in QUICKBASIC 4.0 on my
computer  x = SCREEN(1,1) yields the result
x = 32 nomatter what ASCII character is at (1,1).
any ideas??  thanks.

Sat, 07 Jan 2006 04:23:06 GMT
 SCREEN(1,1)

Quote:
> something is wrong!    in QUICKBASIC 4.0 on my
> computer  x = SCREEN(1,1) yields the result
> x = 32 nomatter what ASCII character is at (1,1).
> any ideas??  thanks.

QB4.5 works.
My code:

CLS
PRINT "g"
x = SCREEN(1, 1)
PRINT x

Output:

 103

How did you write yours?

Sat, 07 Jan 2006 12:53:29 GMT
 SCREEN(1,1)

Quote:
>something is wrong!    in QUICKBASIC 4.0 on my
>computer  x = SCREEN(1,1) yields the result
>x = 32 nomatter what ASCII character is at (1,1).
>any ideas??  thanks.

32 is for the SPACE character so that's why you're getting 32 because as far as
qb4 knows the character at that location
is blank. If you still have the problem post
some qb4 code and we'll have a look-see.

Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:09:08 GMT
 SCREEN(1,1)
try:
Cls
locate 1,1
Print "A"
Print Screen (1,1)

you will get 97, whatever your problem address the coding in this way, you
should have no problem

Quote:
> >something is wrong!    in QUICKBASIC 4.0 on my
> >computer  x = SCREEN(1,1) yields the result
> >x = 32 nomatter what ASCII character is at (1,1).
> >any ideas??  thanks.

> 32 is for the SPACE character so that's why you're getting 32 because as
far as
> qb4 knows the character at that location
> is blank. If you still have the problem post
> some qb4 code and we'll have a look-see.

Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:32:53 GMT

1. On screen or not on screen

2. screen saver & screen 9

3. faster PSET for SCREEN 12 / memory layout of SCREEN 12

4. QBasic: putting total screen on disk when SCREEN-mode=13

5. save/load SCREEN 12 screens in QBasic?

6. Using StretchBlt to capture screen image to screen saver preview pane

7. OffScreen image/screen pages/full screen management/multimedia

8. Screen Saver on top of Screen Saver problem

9. Capturing screen contents of full screen DOS app under windows

10. Capturing screen contents of full screen DOS app under windows

11. screen buffer and screen controls

12. Shifting Screen screen saver?