Qbasic pictures
Author Message
 Qbasic pictures

I'm useing QB7.1
is the 320 x 200 the max size of QB pictures or not ?
If it's possible to make (convert gif, bmp)  640 x 400 pictures pleas
let me know how do to it .

Tue, 08 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Qbasic pictures

Quote:

>I'm useing QB7.1
>is the 320 x 200 the max size of QB pictures or not ?
>If it's possible to make (convert gif, bmp)  640 x 400 pictures pleas
>let me know how do to it .

You may just find what you're looking for over at www.basicguru.com. I did s
series of display routines for gif and bmp that would fit the image into a
given size if you wish to decode it from powerbasic to the Brand-M (Thanks
Lance, good one!) you're using.

C'ya,

--
   ____    _    ____      ____  _____
  |  _ \  / \  / ___) __ | ___)(_   _) Don Schullian

  |____//_/ \_\(____/\__/|_|     |_|    www.DASoftVSS.com
  ___________________________________   www.basicguru.com
      Vertical Software Solutions

Wed, 09 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Qbasic pictures

Quote:
> I'm useing QB7.1
> is the 320 x 200 the max size of QB pictures or not ?
> If it's possible to make (convert gif, bmp)  640 x 400 pictures pleas
> let me know how do to it .

There is no QB 7.1. I presume you mean PDS 7.1. The question remains a bit
complicated.

Microsoft BASIC compilers support various EGA and VGA graphics modes. The
maximum supported resolution is 640x480 in, if I remember correctly, 16
colors. The maximum supported color depth is 256 colors, which is available
only in a 320x200 screen mode. Those were the days, eh? :-)

There are libraries available that support nonstandard VGA graphics modes up
to something like 360x480. If your display adapter supports VESA modes, a
standard that Microsoft helped design and champion and then abandoned, you
may be able to reach much higher resolutions-- although VESA was an
ill-designed standard and difficult to support in all resolutions.

I'd suggest scanning the web for my old BASWIZ library. I'll be bringing
that back online myself, when I can, but I don't have a current update right
now. It supports both nonstandard VGA modes and VESA modes for QB, PDS, and
VB/DOS, though, so it's likely to get you at least partway there. Try
seeking BASW*.* and good luck.

You might also inquire of the folks at www.fastgraph.com, who sell some
high-powered graphics libraries for Windows and DOS. I'm not sure if they
still support PDS, but they might, and their work is exceptional.

--
Thomas G. Hanlin III, Programmer At Large
home: www.tgh3.com - programming tools & libraries, games and things

Tue, 15 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Qbasic pictures
Yep - there is QB 7.1 - I D/l it - big developers kit thing with tonnes of
wierd library things i dont understand...

--
A. Stevenson
(c) Cardflourishes 2000

Quote:

> > I'm useing QB7.1
> > is the 320 x 200 the max size of QB pictures or not ?
> > If it's possible to make (convert gif, bmp)  640 x 400 pictures pleas
> > let me know how do to it .

> There is no QB 7.1. I presume you mean PDS 7.1. The question remains a bit
> complicated.

> Microsoft BASIC compilers support various EGA and VGA graphics modes. The
> maximum supported resolution is 640x480 in, if I remember correctly, 16
> colors. The maximum supported color depth is 256 colors, which is
available
> only in a 320x200 screen mode. Those were the days, eh? :-)

> There are libraries available that support nonstandard VGA graphics modes
up
> to something like 360x480. If your display adapter supports VESA modes, a
> standard that Microsoft helped design and champion and then abandoned, you
> may be able to reach much higher resolutions-- although VESA was an
> ill-designed standard and difficult to support in all resolutions.

> I'd suggest scanning the web for my old BASWIZ library. I'll be bringing
> that back online myself, when I can, but I don't have a current update
right
> now. It supports both nonstandard VGA modes and VESA modes for QB, PDS,
and
> VB/DOS, though, so it's likely to get you at least partway there. Try
> seeking BASW*.* and good luck.

> You might also inquire of the folks at www.fastgraph.com, who sell some
> high-powered graphics libraries for Windows and DOS. I'm not sure if they
> still support PDS, but they might, and their work is exceptional.

> --
> Thomas G. Hanlin III, Programmer At Large
> home: www.tgh3.com - programming tools & libraries, games and things
> work: www.powerbasic.com - DOS & Windows BASIC compilers & tools

Tue, 15 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Qbasic pictures
At the risk of leaving the topic of the thread, there is no QB 7.1  What you
downloaded was PDS 7.1, which is NOT the same thing as QB.  The language was
greatly expanded, and it contains a lot more tools than QB.  Repeat after
me..."There is no QB 7.1"  Also, you shouldn't have downloaded.  The only
legal way to procure it is to buy it from someone.  You are a criminal, and
you ought to be prosecuted.

Quote:
> Yep - there is QB 7.1 - I D/l it - big developers kit thing with tonnes of
> wierd library things i dont understand...

> --
> A. Stevenson
> (c) Cardflourishes 2000
> http://www.cardflourishes.co.uk

> > > I'm useing QB7.1
> > > is the 320 x 200 the max size of QB pictures or not ?
> > > If it's possible to make (convert gif, bmp)  640 x 400 pictures pleas
> > > let me know how do to it .

> > There is no QB 7.1. I presume you mean PDS 7.1. The question remains a
bit
> > complicated.

> > Microsoft BASIC compilers support various EGA and VGA graphics modes.
The
> > maximum supported resolution is 640x480 in, if I remember correctly, 16
> > colors. The maximum supported color depth is 256 colors, which is
> available
> > only in a 320x200 screen mode. Those were the days, eh? :-)

> > There are libraries available that support nonstandard VGA graphics
modes
> up
> > to something like 360x480. If your display adapter supports VESA modes,
> > standard that Microsoft helped design and champion and then abandoned,
you
> > may be able to reach much higher resolutions-- although VESA was an
> > ill-designed standard and difficult to support in all resolutions.

> > I'd suggest scanning the web for my old BASWIZ library. I'll be bringing
> > that back online myself, when I can, but I don't have a current update
> right
> > now. It supports both nonstandard VGA modes and VESA modes for QB, PDS,
> and
> > VB/DOS, though, so it's likely to get you at least partway there. Try
> > seeking BASW*.* and good luck.

> > You might also inquire of the folks at www.fastgraph.com, who sell some
> > high-powered graphics libraries for Windows and DOS. I'm not sure if
they
> > still support PDS, but they might, and their work is exceptional.

> > --
> > Thomas G. Hanlin III, Programmer At Large
> > home: www.tgh3.com - programming tools & libraries, games and things
> > work: www.powerbasic.com - DOS & Windows BASIC compilers & tools

Wed, 16 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Qbasic pictures

Quote:
> Yep - there is QB 7.1 - I D/l it - big developers kit thing with tonnes of
> wierd library things i dont understand...

Sounds like a pirate copy of PDS 7.1, which did come with a QB-style
development environment. Be advised that Microsoft takes piracy very
seriously, even if it happens to involve products that they don't sell any
longer.

--
Thomas G. Hanlin III, Programmer At Large
home: http://www.tgh3.com - programming tools & libraries, games and things

Wed, 16 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. picture in Qbasic

2. Help-Picture files in Qbasic & animation

3. picture height is different from Picture.picture.height

4. picture height is different from Picture.picture.height

5. picture height is different from Picture.picture.height

6. picture height is different from Picture.picture.height

7. picture height is different from Picture.picture.height

8. QBasic Homepage With All Cool QBasic Goodies

9. QBASIC Challenge, QBASIC Webpage, Questions, Etc.

10. Qbasic 4.5 vs Qbasic 7.1PDS

11. Looking on information for Qbasic and Qbasic 4.5!

12. getting a qbasic program to run the command to start another non qbasic