Help: VB5 DAO connection failing
Author Message
 Help: VB5 DAO connection failing

Have you set up a trust relationship between the domain containing the PC
with the MDB file (this would be the trusting domain, with the resource)
and the domain conaining the NT Server (the trusted domain)?.

trying to set up a VB5 DAO connection from one PC with NT

Quote:
> Server to an ACCESS95 .mdb file on another PC with NT Server
> (different Domain).

Sun, 26 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: VB5 DAO connection failing

Have you tried using the Exclusive:=False parameter on the OpenDatabase
method?

Regards,
Simon Jones
PC Pro Magazine

Mon, 27 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: VB5 DAO connection failing

I ran in to a similar situation.  It turned out it was a mix up in security
files.  Try creating a DB on his computer from your computer.  Your code
should be able to open up that database.  If this is the case, your problem
might be that you need to create and access the file from the same
workgroup.

Chris First

Quote:

>Help.  I am trying to set up a VB5 DAO connection from one PC with NT
>Server to an ACCESS95 .mdb file on another PC with NT Server
>(different Domain).  When I execute the program and it gets to the
>"OpenDatabase" line I get the following error:

>"3051 The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file
>'(unknown)'.  It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you
>need permission to view its data."

>My code works on the local PC with a path that starts with C://, but
>when my path is a UNC, I have problems.  I believe I have all the
>obvious sharing permissions between the PC's set correctly and I can
>see and manipulate the database using ACCESS or MSQuery but not the
>VB5 code.  Here is my code:

>Public Sub DAOConnection()
>    Dim Db As Database
>    Dim Rs As Recordset
>    Dim Path As String

>Path = "\\Server1\c\nettest\Test1.mdb"
>Set Db = Workspaces(0).OpenDatabase(Path, ReadOnly:=True)   'I get the
>Error here
>Set Rs = Db.OpenRecordset("An_SQL_query'")

>Rs.Close
>Db.Close
>End Sub

>Please e-mail any suggestions or ideas. Thanks.

Mon, 27 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: VB5 DAO connection failing

2. Help: VB5 DAO connection failing

3. Help: VB5 DAO connection failing

4. Connection Fail after installation - dbnmpntw write() connection fail

5. Connection Fail after installation - dbnmpntw write() connection fail

6. ADO connection passed to a DLL fails to maintain valid connection

7. Need Connection string for VB6 DAO DSN-LESS Connections to SQL Server 2000

8. Need Connection string for VB6 DAO DSN-LESS Connections to SQL Server 2000

9. Help needed with DAO and Multiple .MDB connections

10. Help: Getting a DSN-Less connection to Oracle via DAO

11. Help Connection to Access thru ODBC using DAO

12. VB5 and DAO. Putting DAO into code