Advanced: CHECK for Internet Connection
Author Message
 Advanced: CHECK for Internet Connection

Hi,

I've posted this question once before, but there was nobody who could
give the right answer.
Here is the question (using VB 5.0 or VC++ (latest version: 5?):

"How do you CHECK whether the user is logged on to the Internet ?"

My program needs to check (without the user sees anything) for an
Internet Connection, so if there is, it can send some info over the
Internet.
But when I try to check for an connection (using the Inet control) there
pops up the 'Connect To' window (the one where you have to enter your
user name, password and phone-number and then press 'Connect')

On my computer that screen also appears when I start Netscape, FTP and
Explorer.

Please, anyone who knows the answer....... Please tell me...

Thanks,

        JB

Thu, 06 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Advanced: CHECK for Internet Connection

Quote:
>Here is the question (using VB 5.0 or VC++ (latest version: 5?):

>"How do you CHECK whether the user is logged on to the Internet ?"

>My program needs to check (without the user sees anything) for an
>Internet Connection, so if there is, it can send some info over the
>Internet.
>But when I try to check for an connection (using the Inet control) there
>pops up the 'Connect To' window...

Writing a password sniffer, are we?

If guns are outlawed, won't the outlaws just _keep_ theirs?

Fri, 07 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Advanced: CHECK for Internet Connection

2. checking internet connection from .net

3. Check Internet Connection

4. Checking for client internet connection.

5. Checking an Internet Connection

6. Checking for active internet connection.

7. Check Internet Connection

8. Check for internet connection

9. Checking an Internet Connection

10. Checking for Internet connection

11. checking for internet connection in NT

12. How to check for internet connection?