What the heck is QuickBasic 7.1?
Author Message
 What the heck is QuickBasic 7.1?

Dear all,
    Yo, I'm hearing all kinds of different things.  Some people said the MS
stopped making QuickBasic after 4.5, but now I hear all this stuff about
QuickBasic 7.1.  Is it really out there??  What is the difference between
7.1 and 4.5?  Thanks

Wed, 18 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 What the heck is QuickBasic 7.1?

On 2 May 98 12:55:32 GMT, "Jeremy Carey"

Quote:

>Dear all,
>    Yo, I'm hearing all kinds of different things.  Some people said the MS
>stopped making QuickBasic after 4.5, but now I hear all this stuff about
>QuickBasic 7.1.  Is it really out there??  What is the difference between
>7.1 and 4.5?  Thanks

You can still find PDS 7.1 but you're going to pay dearly for a legal
(with reference) for it.  The major difference was an easy to use ISAM
package.

Wed, 18 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 What the heck is QuickBasic 7.1?

Quote:

>Dear all,
>    Yo, I'm hearing all kinds of different things.  Some people said the MS
>stopped making QuickBasic after 4.5, but now I hear all this stuff about
>QuickBasic 7.1.  Is it really out there??  What is the difference between
>7.1 and 4.5?  Thanks

7.1 was called the "professional development system." It had some
enhancements, anybody remember what? Record types inside other
record types I think.

-T

Wed, 18 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 What the heck is QuickBasic 7.1?

Quote:
>7.1 was called the "professional development system." It had some
>enhancements, anybody remember what? Record types inside other
>record types I think.

It had ISAM capability (for using an indexed file), 16-bit OS/2 capability
(OS/2 version 1.x), a really nifty Programmer's Workshop for debugging BASIC
and mixed-language programs.

Tom Lake

Sun, 22 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 What the heck is QuickBasic 7.1?

Oh tom U are so {*filter*}ing!!!

Quote:

> >7.1 was called the "professional development system." It had some
> >enhancements, anybody remember what? Record types inside other
> >record types I think.

> It had ISAM capability (for using an indexed file), 16-bit OS/2
> capability
> (OS/2 version 1.x), a really nifty Programmer's Workshop for debugging
> BASIC
> and mixed-language programs.

> Tom Lake

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Thu, 02 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 What the heck is QuickBasic 7.1?

Quote:

>Oh tom U are so {*filter*}ing!!!

Ummm....Is this a good or a bad thing?

Tom Lake

Thu, 02 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 What the heck is QuickBasic 7.1?

Quote:

>>Oh tom U are so {*filter*}ing!!!

>Ummm....Is this a good or a bad thing?

*LOL*

--
Sphinx

Just remove the stuff in my address to reply.
www.users.bigpond.com/sphinx
"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates

Fri, 10 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 What the heck is QuickBasic 7.1?

Quote:
> "640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates

I think when he made this statement, no one understood what he
was talking about.

Bill actually meant "640K (billion US$) ought to be enough for
anybody."

Michael D. Long
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/9478/

Thu, 16 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 What the heck is QuickBasic 7.1?

Quote:
> "640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates

I blame IBM.  I believe they made the decision to split the 1st Meg
address space where it is.  IBM also rejected Intel's CPU proposal, the
8086 (16-bit throughout) for the to-be-developed 8088 (16/8-bit &
convoluted addressing scheme) cpu because they (IBM) had 8-bit hardware
to get rid of.

Bill may have said that, but I believe he was stuck with it just the
same as the rest of the IBM/clone world was.

Thu, 16 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 What the heck is QuickBasic 7.1?

Quote:
>Bill may have said that, but I believe he was stuck with it just the
>same as the rest of the IBM/clone world was.

When he said that, 640K WAS enough for anybody.  The other machines on the
market (Apple II, TRS-80, Commodore 64, etc.) had a 64K or less limit.
There was no software available that needed or could even use all 640K.

Tom Lake

Thu, 16 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 What the heck is QuickBasic 7.1?

:
: When he said that, 640K WAS enough for anybody.  The other machines on the
: market (Apple II, TRS-80, Commodore 64, etc.) had a 64K or less limit.
: There was no software available that needed or could even use all 640K.

In those days of VERY expensive memory the prevailing philosophy was that
you never needed more ram.  You might need more overlays.  But you always
had enough ram.

We live in a different kind of world today.  Ram is cheap.  Programmers
are expensive.  The reverse used to be true.

Barry

Sat, 18 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 What the heck is QuickBasic 7.1?

 -=> Quoting martinel2xuRe: What the heck is QuickBasic 7.1?ky.net to All <=-

 > "640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates

"$640K Billion ought to be enough for anybody".
 (what he meant to say)

Greg.P.

... http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~procter

--
     \|/_          Internet Gateway - Christchurch, New Zealand
   (o   o)     Johnno's Retreat Internet Service - Message Transfer

Sun, 19 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. QuickBasic 7.1

2. Quickbasic 7.1 German

3. want to use MOUSE with Quickbasic 7.1

4. WANTED: QUICKBASIC PDS 7.1

5. QuickBasic 7.1 and extended memory

6. anyone have a copy of Microsoft QuickBasic 7.1?

7. QuickBasic 7.1

8. In search of QuickBasic 4.5 *or* Basic PDS 7.1

9. QuickBasic 7.1

10. QuickBasic 7.1 (PDS 7.1) ? Questions...

11. Year2K Compliance of Microsoft Basic PDS 7.1 and Consulting Firms specializing in Y2K and PDS 7.1