Need Equation Simplify/Solve
Author Message
 Need Equation Simplify/Solve

I need code that will parse and simplify any given equation.  Stuff like
x=sqrt(y) --> solve for y --> y=x^2.  Does anyone have anything like
this?  If not, don't worry about it.  I will probably have to write my
own anyway.

-Jeremy

Mon, 29 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Need Equation Simplify/Solve

Quote:
> I need code that will parse and simplify any given equation.  Stuff like
> x=sqrt(y) --> solve for y --> y=x^2.  Does anyone have anything like
> this?  If not, don't worry about it.  I will probably have to write my
> own anyway.

I believe a company called Wolfram has made a product called Mathematica
that is able to do this.

(Hey, you are allowed to use what is out there...)

--
Beldin
.oO Those who know cannot explain, those who don't cannot understand Oo.

Tue, 30 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Need Equation Simplify/Solve

Quote:

>> I need code that will parse and simplify any given equation.  Stuff like
>> x=sqrt(y) --> solve for y --> y=x^2.  Does anyone have anything like
>> this?  If not, don't worry about it.  I will probably have to write my
>> own anyway.

Well go ahead. This message is suggesting to me something like:
If so: don't tell me, cause I will learn more to make my own,  but
I have to find the courage to start with it,... ?
Am I right ??

Rick

Quote:
>I believe a company called Wolfram has made a product called Mathematica
>that is able to do this.
>(Hey, you are allowed to use what is out there...)
>--
>Beldin
>.oO Those who know cannot explain, those who don't cannot understand Oo.

Tue, 30 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Need Equation Simplify/Solve

Why not just use algebra in the program? Lie the Distributive Property.

Or, go through the problem in reverse, inverting the functions (Square
to square root, multiplication to division, but you know that,,,)

Sincerely,
Vincent J. Florio

Wed, 31 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. help in VB coding: solving math equations, or find OCX that's equation solver

2. Help: Need to solve a SECOND DEGREE equation in VB

3. Solving the system of linear equations???

4. Solve EQUATIONS in Visual Basic 5

5. solve 3 simultaneous equations

6. How To solve a Cubic equation in VB?

7. Solving equations

8. Solving linear system of equations

9. Looking for library or control that solves linear equation systems

10. Help: how to solve a SECOND DEGREE equation in VB

11. Is there an API for solving linear equations?

12. Challenge: Solving for 2 equations