VB5 Pro: Interfacing with non VB apps
Author Message
 VB5 Pro: Interfacing with non VB apps

Sun, 20 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 Pro: Interfacing with non VB apps

Quote:

> Is there a way in VB5 to detect a window and press it's buttons?
The
> window I'm trying to detect/use is a Windows window (DUN related).

Yes, it can be done through a combination of API calls.  You would use
something like GetWindowHandle or something like that, then SendKeys
to send the keystrokes necessary to set focus to the desired button
and click it.

Quote:
> Do I need VB6?  If not, then does anyone have the WinBatch compiler?

No, you could do it as far back as VB2, I believe.

Another alternative would be powerbasic's DLL compiler or Console
Compiler.

John M.

Wed, 23 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Integrating Non-OLE Apps with VB app

2. Detecting Mouse Click in Non-VB or VB app (in VB 6)

3. Interfacing with non-VB applications - seeking help

4. accessing the non default interface of a COM object from VB

5. Accessing vb.net class from non.vb.net apps

6. App Setup Wizard VB5 pro

7. Detecting Mouse in NON VB app!?

8. VB Web Apps--non-CGI

9. Window state changes in non-VB apps