converting quickbasic code to ascii, or vb, or anything besides quickbasic
Author Message
 converting quickbasic code to ascii, or vb, or anything besides quickbasic

        I am looking for a way to convert a QuickBasic program that I
wrote years ago to ascii form, or vb form, or anything really that will
let me get at it.  See, I no longer have my QuickBasic 4.5 compiler, and
I'm not gonna cough up $65 for another version of it just for this.  So,
if anyone knows a way to change it it ascii text, or even if someone
could load it and change it for me, I would be very appreciative.

                                Thank You.

                                        Ben Finkel

Mon, 05 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 converting quickbasic code to ascii, or vb, or anything besides quickbasic

If the program was saved in QuickBasic tokenized source form, the QBasic
interpreter that comes with MS-DOS 6.22 might load it.  Then you could
save it in ASCII form, using the "Text" option in "Save as".  If the
program is not proprietary, you could ask someone who has QuickBasic to
convert it to ASCII.

Wed, 07 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 converting quickbasic code to ascii, or vb, or anything besides quickbasic

Quote:

>If the program was saved in QuickBasic tokenized source form, the QBasic
>interpreter that comes with MS-DOS 6.22 might load it.  Then you could
>save it in ASCII form, using the "Text" option in "Save as".  If the
>program is not proprietary, you could ask someone who has QuickBasic to
>convert it to ASCII.

QBasic can't load tokenized QuickBASIC source.  It gives a "Bad File Mode"
error.  The only way to convert a tokenized QB program to ASCII is to load it
in QB and save it as plain text.

-Jesse

====================================
Very funny Scotty!
Now beam down my clothes!
====================================

Wed, 07 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 converting quickbasic code to ascii, or vb, or anything besides quickbasic

Quote:

>         I am looking for a way to convert a QuickBasic program that I
> wrote years ago to ascii form, or vb form, or anything really that will
> let me get at it.  See, I no longer have my QuickBasic 4.5 compiler, and
> I'm not gonna cough up $65 for another version of it just for this.  So,
> if anyone knows a way to change it it ascii text, or even if someone
> could load it and change it for me, I would be very appreciative.

>                                 Thank You.

>                                         Ben Finkel

Yeah, sure, give it me to convert it for you.

Sat, 10 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Quickbasic 2 data files - convert to ascii

2. QuickBasic 4.5 app need to convert to VB.net

3. Converting QuickBasic to VB 3.0

4. Converting from Quickbasic to VB 4

5. Translating PLAY in QuickBasic to VB-code

6. Converting QuickBasic for Mac

7. Help in converting a QuickBASIC subroutine to C

8. Converting QuickBasic Binary BAS files

9. Please help - convert quickbasic 2.0 &4.5 to Powerbasic under windows

10. Converting to QBasic/QuickBasic

11. How convert Quickbasic prog to Mac version?

12. Converting Problem QuickBasic - VB3