basic compiler here
Author Message
 basic compiler here

I noticed that many are asking for a basic compiler. A few years ago I
collected a compiler called CLONEBASIC and this compiler would compile
qbasic files, even gwbasic if saved as ASCII. The faults with it are that
it supports screens only up to 9 and an error stating that a switch is
missing occurs can only be rectified by restarting Clonebasic with the
missing switch used.
The company which made this verion seems to no longer exist as I haven't
been able to contact them even with the promise of money. The files in
the zip file are all there is, there is no more. You have to figure it
out as you go. Enjoy it if you want. This file is 450k .
begin 666 CLONBAS.ZIP
<uuencoded_portion_removed>
0   0 !  ?P,  #_W!      !

end

Sun, 11 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 basic compiler here
G'Day All

Quote:
>I noticed that many are asking for a basic compiler. A few years ago I
>collected a compiler called CLONEBASIC and this compiler would compile
>qbasic files, even gwbasic if saved as ASCII. The faults with it are that
>it supports screens only up to 9 and an error stating that a switch is
>missing occurs can only be rectified by restarting Clonebasic with the
>missing switch used.
>The company which made this verion seems to no longer exist as I haven't
>been able to contact them even with the promise of money. The files in
>the zip file are all there is, there is no more. You have to figure it
>out as you go. Enjoy it if you want. This file is 450k .

[enormous zip file clipped.]

NO! NO! NO! Not another huge file. Please do not post large files of any sort,
or binaries, to unmoderated, non-binary newgroups.

Large files:
1) They take up bandwidth
2) Many people have to pay for their connect and download time. Most offline
newsreaders dont allow you to pick your subjects before down loading, so
people can end up paying big bucks for files they do not want.

Binaries:
Can be anything, a useful program, a trojan or a virus dropper. Don't post
binaries to unmoderated newsgroups were the integrity of the posted files
cannot be checked.

Please read the appropriate FAQ's and reflect  a little before posting. A
simple "I have this and I can mail it if you wish" would work. Also you can
offer to put it on an FTP or web site. Newsgroup posting is inappropriate.

As to the actual compiler. It is fairly useless for QBASIC. It will certaily
compile simple QBASIC programs, and supports IF..THEN..ELSEIF..ELSE..ENDIF,
SELECT CASE and DO..LOOP. However, it does NOT support SLEEP, UCASE$, SUB's or
VAPTR!!! I suspect that it is based on the old QB3.0 compiler, which was
several steps behind QB4.5, upon which QBASIC was derived.

Cheers! Ian

Ian Musgrave Ph.D Prince Henry's Institue of Medical Research
PO Box 5152, Clayton 3168, Australia.
Phone +61 3 550 4286 FAX +61 3 550 6125

Sun, 11 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 basic compiler here
Thanks,

Another arsehole that posts stupidly huge binaries to the newsgroup.

When will they learn.  I have a good mind to Email you this bastard back...

--
Cheers,

Ben

------------------====### legal notice ###====-----------------------
Microsoft Network is prohibited from redistributing this work in any
form,in whole or in part.  License to distribute this post is available to
Microsoft for $499.  Posting without permission constitutes an agreement to
these terms.

Sun, 11 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 basic compiler here
I think this article may have been cancelled as I haven't seen it as of
3am Thurs. There is a cancel-bot who keeps an eye on off-topic binaries
to non binary groups, can't remember who or where, I'm just glad they're
there.
Cheers,
--
Douggie

Mon, 12 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Compiler switches for MS Basic Compiler 5.35

2. BASIC compiler written in BASIC yet?

3. BASIC COMPILER : BYWATER BASIC

4. Help finding basic compiler for Pocket PC

5. The Basic compiler is unable to recover...

6. visual basic compiler

7. 8051 Basic Compiler - XBasic

8. Basic Compiler

9. Q-basic compiler

10. Searching the right BASIC/compiler pse

11. BASM286 Basic Compiler

12. Where can I get a basic compiler in Windows