reverse engineering basic
Author Message
 reverse engineering basic

Quote:

>I'm new to this group.  I was wondering if there is a decompiler for
>BASIC.  I just ask for the version etc. info from the client (lost the
>sorce code).  I do asm reverse engineering but not for basic.  Please
>let me know, if software that is compentent exist or is available.

No decompilers, but if you can disasm an .exe, I guess you
can disasm a basic exe, since the current DOS basic compilers
compile to assembly language, then assemble and link the
output.  This is not necessarily true for .exe's made from the
earlier VB WINDOWS compilers.

--Mike A.

Fri, 22 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Reverse engineering Visual Basic Code

2. something like reverse engineering

3. Visio - Database Reverse Engineering

4. Reverse Engineering - Complications?

5. Preserving Code in Reverse Engineering

6. Reverse engineer libraries

7. Visual Modeler (Reverse Engineering Addin)

8. Reverse Engineering

9. Visual Modeler Reverse Engineering (problem with DAO)

10. VB4 Reverse Engineering

11. OCX and Graph/Chart Reverse Engineering

12. Reverse-Engineering DANGER?