Memory Resident QB
Author Message
 Memory Resident QB

I would like to know if it is possible to make a memory resident program in
QB?

--
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
            Clint Cull

Sat, 24 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Memory Resident QB

Quote:

>I would like to know if it is possible to make a memory resident program in
>QB?

The PDQ library makes this possible, and I imagine you could write a little
ASM code to do it yourself, if you're fluent in it.

Unfortunately, PDQ costs $150.  I have a theory on programming tools, and here
it is: If it costs more than the language you're using it on, it probably
isn't worth it.

If you don't have MASM or another commercial assembler, download the Arrowsoft
Assembler (VALARROW.ZIP) from SimTel:
        http://www.*-*-*.com/ {*filter*}il.html
It's free and it'll create .OBJ files that can probably be made into QB
libraries.

Hope this helps.

-Jesse

Quote:
>--
>_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
>            Clint Cull
>              *****
>http://www.{*filter*}beach.net/~tallone
>-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

====================================
Very funny Scotty!
Now beam down my clothes!
====================================

Sat, 24 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Memory Resident QB

TA>I would like to know if it is possible to make a memory resident program in
TA>QB?

Sure, they are all memory resident. <g>

Oh.. you mean memory resident after it terminates. Yup, possible. It is,
however, quite difficult.

Sat, 24 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Memory Resident QB

Quote:
>I would like to know if it is possible to make a memory resident program in
>QB?

It's almost impossible to do this yourself. There is some add-on library
that is supposed to be able to do this, although it appears to be kind of
expensive.

You may want to take a look at powerbasic: you can create a TSR in five
lines of code there. At the Pb webpage, you can download a try-out version
of PB 3.2 which is fully operational to see for yourself. (You can't LOAD
anything, but the SAVE and COMPILE options work perfectly)

Look at: http://www.powerbasic.com

Marc van den Dikkenberg
-----------------------------o---------------------
http://145.89.78.151/~excel  | Programming Archives
http://www.xs4all.nl/~excel  | antU, Humour, Sci-Fi

Sat, 24 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Memory Resident QB

You stated that it is possible to keep it in memory after termination, but
it may be difficult, well, how would I go about doing this?

Any suggestions anybody?

Quote:
> TA>I would like to know if it is possible to make a memory resident
program in
> TA>QB?

> Sure, they are all memory resident. <g>

> Oh.. you mean memory resident after it terminates. Yup, possible. It is,
> however, quite difficult.

Sun, 25 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Memory Resident Applications

2. Memory Resident

3. Calling memory-resident procedures

4. Memory Resident (2nd Post)

5. memory resident database

6. How PROGRAMMATICALLY ShutDown a memory resident program ?

7. Making a VB Memory Resident Program?

8. memory resident program

9. How make prg on resident memory

10. Memory Resident Applications