QuickBasic 7.1
Author Message
 QuickBasic 7.1

What are the differences? I didn't even know this existed until this
point.

--
Joe Drew
Anti-American extraordinare and QB programmer

Wed, 29 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 QuickBasic 7.1

Quote:

>What are the differences? I didn't even know this existed until this
>point.

There really isn't a QuickBasic 7.1
There is a Microsoft Professional Development System Basic that
is referred to as PDS 7.1
It has the same look and feel as QuickBasic but has greater
speed and other capabilites in memory management.  I have
it and used it successfully, but there isn't any reason for me
to use it over regular "QuickBasic 4.5".  Hope this helps.

Thu, 30 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 QuickBasic 7.1

Quote:
> It has the same look and feel as QuickBasic but has greater
> speed and other capabilites in memory management.  I have
> it and used it successfully, but there isn't any reason for me
> to use it over regular "QuickBasic 4.5".  Hope this helps.

Speed.. hehe. I was writing a program that relied completely on speed,
and neglegected to remember that QuickBasic is about ten times faster
than QBasic; the program reached the number 2 200 000, when it should
have reached 220 000.

--
Joe Drew
Anti-American extraordinare and QB programmer
Remove SPAMHATER from address in order to reply.
In development, website at http://webhome.idirect.com/~hosehead/
Don't click on any links, the files don't exist yet. :)
My PGP key is available upon request, just send me an e-mail and it's
yours.

Thu, 30 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 QuickBasic 7.1

Quote:
> What are the

differences? I didn't
even know this existed
until this
Quote:
> point.

Where can I buy
QuickBasic 7.1 ?

Fri, 31 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 QuickBasic 7.1

Quote:

> > It has the same look and feel as QuickBasic but has greater
> > speed and other capabilites in memory management.  I have
> > it and used it successfully, but there isn't any reason for me
> > to use it over regular "QuickBasic 4.5".  Hope this helps.

> Speed.. hehe. I was writing a program that relied completely on speed,
> and neglegected to remember that QuickBasic is about ten times faster
> than QBasic; the program reached the number 2 200 000, when it should
> have reached 220 000.

And I suppose that qb7.1 is also impossible to get (like QB4.5)?  How
could I obtain a copy?  Can it compile to EXEs like QB4.5 can?

Chris.

Sat, 01 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 QuickBasic 7.1

hi, i don't think there is a quick basic 7.1, i think what you're talking
about is pds basic 7.1, (Professional Developpment System Basic 7.1)
ithink.. i got it, but havn't tried it.. know anything else about it yet?
lemme know..
ttyl

Quote:
> What are the differences? I didn't even know this existed until this
> point.

Mon, 03 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 QuickBasic 7.1

Quote:

> > > It has the same look and feel as QuickBasic but has greater
> > > speed and other capabilites in memory management.  I have
> > > it and used it successfully, but there isn't any reason for me
> > > to use it over regular "QuickBasic 4.5".  Hope this helps.

> > Speed.. hehe. I was writing a program that relied completely on
> speed,
> > and neglegected to remember that QuickBasic is about ten times
> faster
> > than QBasic; the program reached the number 2 200 000, when it
> should
> > have reached 220 000.

> And I suppose that qb7.1 is also impossible to get (like QB4.5)?  How
> could I obtain a copy?  Can it compile to EXEs like QB4.5 can?

> Chris.

PDS 7.1 is basically impossible to find. QB 4.5 can still be found, and
EMS sells it new for $140 plus shipping.

See http://www.wdn.com/ems/oldtools/selling.htm

Wed, 05 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 QuickBasic 7.1

If anyone can fine QuickBasic 7.1 (or could spare the time to zip it
up for me) could they please E-Mail it to me??

Thanks!

Peter
Nemesis

Quote:

>> > It has the same look and feel as QuickBasic but has greater
>> > speed and other capabilites in memory management.  I have
>> > it and used it successfully, but there isn't any reason for me
>> > to use it over regular "QuickBasic 4.5".  Hope this helps.

>> Speed.. hehe. I was writing a program that relied completely on speed,
>> and neglegected to remember that QuickBasic is about ten times faster
>> than QBasic; the program reached the number 2 200 000, when it should
>> have reached 220 000.

>And I suppose that qb7.1 is also impossible to get (like QB4.5)?  How
>could I obtain a copy?  Can it compile to EXEs like QB4.5 can?

>Chris.

Wed, 05 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. QuickBasic 7.1

2. Quickbasic 7.1 German

3. want to use MOUSE with Quickbasic 7.1

4. QuickBasic 7.1 and extended memory

5. What the heck is QuickBasic 7.1?

6. anyone have a copy of Microsoft QuickBasic 7.1?

7. QuickBasic 7.1

8. QuickBasic 7.1 (PDS 7.1) ? Questions...

9. WANTED: QUICKBASIC PDS 7.1

10. In search of QuickBasic 4.5 *or* Basic PDS 7.1

11. Year2K Compliance of Microsoft Basic PDS 7.1 and Consulting Firms specializing in Y2K and PDS 7.1