Advanced users! (Help needed)
Author Message
 Advanced users! (Help needed)

I need info on how to use the Sound Blaster card.
I have already gotten to the point where I can play
.WAV , .RAW and .VOC files, but how do I do things
like play MIDI or MOD files? Or, how do I play music/sound
in the backround? How do I play sound over various channels?

Please, _any_ help would be appreciated.. no matter how insignificant.
(Also, if you know of any FAQ's / source code, it would be appreciated too.)

Oh, I'm interested in QBASIC examples. (Unfortunately, I can't use
LIBs or OBJs.)

Thanks for any help in advance!

Fri, 11 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Advanced users! (Help needed)

Quote:
> like play MIDI or MOD files? Or, how do I play music/sound
> in the backround? How do I play sound over various channels?

> Oh, I'm interested in QBASIC examples. (Unfortunately, I can't use
> LIBs or OBJs.)

> Thanks for any help in advance!

Geez, I got some Pascal source to do this.. unless someone is interested in
converting the ASM to those strings of chars$() and call absolutes then
it won't work in BASIC.. Gee, I'm gonna have to get my compiler to do all
this..

Cheers :)

--
Peter Cooper

Sat, 12 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Advanced users! (Help needed)

says...

Quote:

>I need info on how to use the Sound Blaster card.
>I have already gotten to the point where I can play
>.WAV , .RAW and .VOC files, but how do I do things
>like play MIDI or MOD files? Or, how do I play music/sound
>in the backround? How do I play sound over various channels?

>Please, _any_ help would be appreciated.. no matter how insignificant.
>(Also, if you know of any FAQ's / source code, it would be appreciated too.)

>Oh, I'm interested in QBASIC examples. (Unfortunately, I can't use
>LIBs or OBJs.)

>Thanks for any help in advance!

I'm currently writing such an extension in powerbasic-- but it contains inline
assembly and a lot of other PB-specific features.  It will support at least
four software channels and realtime reverb/echo...  However, I don't know how
much use this will be to QB users, but if you don't mind using PowerBasic
instead, this Unit I'm writing should be done within a week or so (I've also
just finished a SuperVGA unit as well.)

If you're interested in sourcecode to learn SB or SVGA from, I might be able to

Mon, 14 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. An advanced users help is required!!

2. ADVANCED USERS! (HELP

3. A please for help from the most advanced VB users

4. VB Advanced User, Help me

5. I need help with a datediff problem ( a fairly new user who needs help)

6. Advanced Help Needed

7. Some advanced help needed.

8. VB 6 Need help creating video player (avi/mpeg) with Frame Advance (FF and RF)

9. Advanced Algorithm Help Needed

10. Need advanced VB help!

11. ADVANCED Help Needed

12. Help! Need Carosel Slide Advance Tone