Can't drop objects on a form...WHY?
Author Message
 Can't drop objects on a form...WHY?

For some reason, when I drag an object from the toolbar and try to
place it on a form, it won't let me.  It's acting like the forms are
always "write protected"..  Does anyone have a clue why VB5 would act
like this and how can I fix it?

Thanks to all responses....

Sat, 09 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Can't drop objects on a form...WHY?

I don't know what would have caused that, but I would simply un-install and
then re-install.  If the uninstaller asks about deleting any shared DLL's,
say no since you are going to re-install anyway.

--
Increase the Peace!
Charles LaCour

Quote:

>For some reason, when I drag an object from the toolbar and try to
>place it on a form, it won't let me.  It's acting like the forms are
>always "write protected"..  Does anyone have a clue why VB5 would act
>like this and how can I fix it?

>Thanks to all responses....

Sat, 09 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Can't drop objects on a form...WHY?

To put a control on the form, double-click the toolbox icon or click the
icon, then draw the object on the form.  VB does not use drag-n-drop for
intial control placement.

--
John Tabor

http://userweb.idsonline.com/jtabor

Note:  Anti-spamming suffix of ".nospam" added to header.
-------------------------------------

Quote:

>For some reason, when I drag an object from the toolbar and try to
>place it on a form, it won't let me.  It's acting like the forms are
>always "write protected"..  Does anyone have a clue why VB5 would act
>like this and how can I fix it?

Sun, 10 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. 'Canned' data in VB program

2. Canned objects and/or images

3. Why does my form drop behind ?

4. How do I create a canned form?

5. Can't drop objects on a form...WHY?

6. Database object won't drop Sybase connection

7. Database object won't drop Sybase connection

8. why can I not see an object's properties

9. Why delete Command object's parameters everytime?

10. Why delete Command object's parameters everytime?

11. Why isn't VB object oriented

12. Why printer object won't stay reset to correct font/size