learning BASIC
Author Message
 learning BASIC

I'm pretty new to BASIC, and I'm wondering if anyone could help me to
learn it, like show me where to go for it, or send me a tutorial or
something. It would be great if you could

Chris Doms
Tauranga, New Zealand
Aged 13

Mon, 11 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 learning BASIC

Gill, go to www.amazon.com and order a good tutorial for the BASIC you
want to learn (QBasic, VB, etc.).  If you want an easy introduction, I
recommend the "... for Dummies" series by IDG.  For example, there is a
"QBasic Programming for Dummies" and "Visual Basic 5 for Dummies".  For
a little stronger introduction, try the "Teach Yourself ... in 21 Days"
series by Sams.  www.bookpool.com has computer technical books, usually
cheaper then Amazon, but their selection is smaller than Amazon's.
--
Judson McClendon          This is a faithful saying and worthy of all
Sun Valley Systems        acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the

(please remove numbers from email id to respond)

Quote:

>I'm pretty new to BASIC, and I'm wondering if anyone could help me to
>learn it, like show me where to go for it, or send me a tutorial or
>something. It would be great if you could

>Chris Doms
>Tauranga, New Zealand
>Aged 13

Mon, 11 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 learning BASIC

I don't have any tutorials but I know an EXCELLENT book you could buy, look for
it at Barnes&Noble or some other big bookstore.  It's called The Revolutionary
Guide to QBASIC by the WROX press.  This book goes through basics all the way
up to mouse programming, games, 3D, you name it!  It's been my guide to QBASIC
ever since I started learning it.  If you don't really want to buy it you
should probably at least take a look at it.

Alan Jay Barrentine

Sun, 17 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 learning BASIC

On the rather dull and overcast day of 1 Jul 1998 05:28:44 GMT, Javadelphi
opened the window of the comp.lang.basic.misc building and yelled the following
at an innocent passer-by:

Quote:
> I don't have any tutorials but I know an EXCELLENT book you could buy, look for
> it at Barnes&Noble or some other big bookstore.  It's called The Revolutionary
> Guide to QBASIC by the WROX press.  This book goes through basics all the way
> up to mouse programming, games, 3D, you name it!  It's been my guide to QBASIC
> ever since I started learning it.  If you don't really want to buy it you
> should probably at least take a look at it.

Alternatively, if you can't face leaving your monitor, you can buy this book
from the Basix Fanzine website in association with Amazon.com - just pop over to
http://come.to/basixfanzine, click the link to the Basix Fanzine Bookstore, and
voila, a link where you can order the Revolutionary Guide to QBasic directly (at
a discount). Just click the link and follow the instructions. Easy.

ee
--
Alex Warren, aka Emergency Exit

icq:   4043750

http://come.to/axe            - Axe Software: freeware for DOS & Windows
http://come.to/basixfanzine  - Basix Fanzine: magazine for BASIC programmers

to the email address above)

Sun, 17 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Learning Basic - Visual Basic - Visual InterDev

2. Where do I get started with re-learning BASIC on a PC

3. I want to learn basic

4. Advice on learning Basic

5. Learning Basic Programming

6. Learning Basic

7. learning BASIC on the Mac

8. I Want to learn basic ????

9. Want to learn BASIC

10. Learning Basic

11. learning basic for VB???

12. Newbie! Where's a good place to learn BASIC?