Switching Comm Ports
Author Message
 Switching Comm Ports

Hi:

I run a BBS and would like to create a small program in Quick Basic
that will let a caller who is online with the BBS dialout over another
com port without breaking the connection.

For example, a caller calls and connects to the BBS on Com 1.  They
then run the program that I want to create which will allow them to dial
out over com 2 without breaking the connection.

Is this possible?

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

LAC

Wed, 10 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Switching Comm Ports

Quoting lona.carter from a message in comp.lang.basic.misc
   >I run a BBS and would like to create a small program in Quick Basic
   >that will let a caller who is online with the BBS dialout over another
   >com port without breaking the connection.
   >For example, a caller calls and connects to the BBS on Com 1.  They
   >then run the program that I want to create which will allow them to dial
   >out over com 2 without breaking the connection.
   >Is this possible?
   >Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
   >LAC

It is very possible, but there are several assumptions:
1) The user has a second modem.
2) The user has a second telephone line.

If that is the case, then you just open comm 2, like always. If I am
missing something here, then please advise.

'Uncle Dave'

Anthony's Law of Force: Don't force it - get a bigger hammer.

Fri, 12 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Comm port access or I/O port access

2. How to loop comm port control to read text files through serial port in VB3

3. Switching COM port lines on/off

4. Switching equipment with parallel port

5. How to shutdown PC via serial port-switch?

6. Serial Port switch input?

7. Switching equipment with parallel port

8. Help needed reading a serial port switch

9. Comm Ports in 2.0 & Win 98

10. Getting data from Comm Port

11. Comm Port in/out

12. Comm ports in Access