VT-100 emulator
Author Message
 VT-100 emulator

We were looking for a comm program which supports VT-100.  However
we want it to dial without the user being able to see the phone
number being dialed.

After a short and fruitless search of a few commercial and shareware
programs, I am wondering how difficult it would be to create a VT-100
emulation program in QuickBasic?  Are there VT-100 libraries{*filter*}
around?  Has someone already written a program which can be modified?
Or how about writing it from scratch?

I'd appreciate any input on the matter.  Thanks.

Mon, 25 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VT-100 emulator

Quote:

> We were looking for a comm program which supports VT-100.  However
> we want it to dial without the user being able to see the phone
> number being dialed.

> After a short and fruitless search of a few commercial and shareware
> programs, I am wondering how difficult it would be to create a VT-100
> emulation program in QuickBasic?  Are there VT-100 libraries{*filter*}
> around?  Has someone already written a program which can be modified?
> Or how about writing it from scratch?

> I'd appreciate any input on the matter.  Thanks.

Well, there are numerous ANSI emulators floating around, if you think that
would help you see how to do it (aren't VT-100 and ANSI very closely related
in syntax?).  If you can't find one, I can send one to you.

                                        -Jon

+-----------------------------------+

|-----------------------------------|
|   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~leger/      |
+-----------------------------------+-------+
|VISIT THE BULLETIN BOARD SEARCH ENGINE!    |
|       http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~leger/bbs.html  |
|17,680 BBSes indexed in the United States! |

Tue, 26 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VT-100 emulator

Quote:

>> We were looking for a comm program which supports VT-100.  However
>> we want it to dial without the user being able to see the phone
>> number being dialed.

>> After a short and fruitless search of a few commercial and shareware
>> programs, I am wondering how difficult it would be to create a VT-100
>> emulation program in QuickBasic?  Are there VT-100 libraries{*filter*}
>> around?  Has someone already written a program which can be modified?
>> Or how about writing it from scratch?

>> I'd appreciate any input on the matter.  Thanks.

>Well, there are numerous ANSI emulators floating around, if you think that
>would help you see how to do it (aren't VT-100 and ANSI very closely related
>in syntax?).  If you can't find one, I can send one to you.

VT-100 is a subset of ANSI or ANSI is a superset of VT-100 depending on
how you want to look at it. ANSI is explained a little in the old MSDOS
manuals under ANSI.SYS.

--
PGP key available
keyID=148DF819 fingerprint=1A 6F 0C 7F 79 1E 87 8F 86 C2 DF D4 3A CA 8A 3F

Wed, 27 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VT-100 emulator

Quote:

> > We were looking for a comm program which supports VT-100.  However
> > we want it to dial without the user being able to see the phone
> > number being dialed.

> > After a short and fruitless search of a few commercial and shareware
> > programs, I am wondering how difficult it would be to create a VT-100
> > emulation program in QuickBasic?  Are there VT-100 libraries{*filter*}
> > around?  Has someone already written a program which can be modified?
> > Or how about writing it from scratch?

> > I'd appreciate any input on the matter.  Thanks.

> Well, there are numerous ANSI emulators floating around, if you think
> that would help you see how to do it (aren't VT-100 and ANSI very
> closely related in syntax?).  If you can't find one, I can send one
> to you.

>                                         -Jon

> +-----------------------------------+

> |-----------------------------------|
> |   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~leger/      |

If you're talking ANSI-BBS (is that the same thing?), I believe it's
kind of like an enhanced VT-100.  At least I remember most of the
codes were the same.

Any idea where I can pick one of these up (with source code if
possible)?  Thanks.

Thu, 28 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VT-100 emulator

Here's another way of doing seconds delay

TIME$ = "00:00:00"   'set time to 0
DO: LOOP UNTIL TIME$ = "00:00:05"  'this example gives a delay of 5
seconds.
I think that's the easiest way of doing it.

Thu, 04 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VT-100 emulator

Quote:
>Here's another way of doing seconds delay

>TIME$ = "00:00:00"   'set time to 0
>DO: LOOP UNTIL TIME$ = "00:00:05"  'this example gives a delay of 5
>seconds.
>I think that's the easiest way of doing it.

About the time your "program" reset my computer's clock to 00:00:00 it
would also be deleted from my HD and your name would be Mudd!!!!

Try this and you'll have fewer complaints.

T! = TIMER + 5
DO : LOOP UNTIL TIMER = T!
' ------------- or
DELAY 5
' ------------- or
SLEEP 5
' ------------- or some such depending on which BASIC your using.

These ways you're NOT messing with your user's clock.
  ____    _    ____      ____  _____
 |  _ \  / \  / ___) __ | ___)(_   _) | Don Schullian
 | |_)  / _ \ \____\/  \|  _)   | |   |  Gramou 33
 |____//_/ \_\(____/\__/|_|     |_|   |  Papagou, 156-69
 ___________________________________  |  Greece
  =================================== |  ++30-1-654-6200

   -----------======### DOWNLOAD ###=========------------
            Nutz 'n Boltz for powerbasic v3.2
              A library of everyday goodies
   DOWNLOAD N-B-V20?.ZIP FROM YOUR FAVORITE SITE TODAY!

Fri, 05 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VT-100 emulator

: Here's another way of doing seconds delay

: TIME$ = "00:00:00"   'set time to 0
: DO: LOOP UNTIL TIME$ = "00:00:05"  'this example gives a delay of 5
: seconds.
: I think that's the easiest way of doing it.
Here's the way i do it (you can use smaller time increments):
setdelay=TIMER
'Change the variables to whatever you like.
realdelay=TIMER + .002
'                  ^^^ the amount of time you want to wait
DO : LOOP WHILE realdelay > setdelay
--
That's the way it is, so shutup.
-Ben

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7700/index.html

Sun, 07 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VT-100 emulator

Quote:
> Here's another way of doing seconds delay

> TIME$ = "00:00:00"   'set time to 0
> DO: LOOP UNTIL TIME$ = "00:00:05"  'this example gives a delay of 5
> seconds.
> I think that's the easiest way of doing it.

Yeah, but your clock is gonna be screwed up.... try

Waittime = Timer + 10  REM for 10 sec delay...
DO: Loop until Timer = Waittime

Of course, this will{*filter*}up come midnight, so if you use it & it's
important, write up routines to compensate...

Thu, 11 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VT-100 emulator ActiveX control?

2. VT-100 Emulator in code VB not just the VBterm sample, I need to control the ESC sequences (ANSI)

3. VT-100 Terminal Emulation

4. VT-100 screen capture

5. HELP - VT-100 emulation

6. ActiveX VT-100

7. vt 100 emulation ..

8. Where canI find terminal emulation specifications (ANSI, VT-100, ..etc)

9. Amstrad NC 100 - Terminal Emulators

10. 100% Offshore, 100% Private, 100% Online 8849

11. Site 100% fran?ais, 100% développement, 100% Pocket PC

12. Convert Posative to Negative ie: 100 becomes -100, 37 becomes -37 ......