Sending Printer Commands to Printer using QBASIC
Author Message
 Sending Printer Commands to Printer using QBASIC

Quote:
>Would anyone tell me how to send a command "CTRL-L" to a printer using
>QBASIC?

been a while since I've done this but a fairly simple solution is to opn
printer as a file and write to it i.e

ffeed$ = chr$(27) + "L"
printer = freefile
open "lpt1" for output as #printer
print #1, ffeed$
close

not tested, but this or a variation should work - let us know how you
get on

John McGuire        **************************************************

Sun, 07 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

--
Samuel Wong (Computer Coordinator)
Galco EDP

Mon, 08 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Sending Printer Commands to Printer using QBASIC

Quote:

> Would anyone tell me how to send a command "CTRL-L" to a printer using
> QBASIC?

> --
> Samuel Wong (Computer Coordinator)
> Galco EDP

Control characters A-Z are ascii 01-26. So you just print them.
LPRINT CHR$(12); or PRINT #1, CHR$(12);
--

Bangor, Pa. USA

Mon, 08 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help, How to send printer command to printer bypassing printer driver in vb

2. how to send printer commands to a printer

3. Need to send a command directly to printer (Eltron Card Printer)

4. Sending data to a printer (QBASIC)

5. QBasic command for USB-printer?

6. Sending Printer control Codes to printer

7. bug sending text to printer via printer object

8. printer control object - cannot send Esc character to printer

9. Printer Commands directly to the Printer

10. Q: How to send PCL commands to a printer from VBA

11. How To Send Printer PCL Commands?

12. send command to printer port