The Basix Fanzine
Author Message
 The Basix Fanzine

I was wondering if anyone will be contributing to the next issue. The
next issue has been
pushed back until september due to a lack of anything to put in from no
submissions.

David Groulx
Editor of the Basix Fanzine
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 12 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 The Basix Fanzine
While blathering insanely on Tue, 27 Jul 1999 01:54:34 GMT, David
Groulx scrawled in alt.lang.basic:

Quote:
>I was wondering if anyone will be contributing to the next issue. The
>next issue has been
>pushed back until september due to a lack of anything to put in from no
>submissions.

>David Groulx
>Editor of the Basix Fanzine
>http://www.come.to/basixfanzine

I would submit, but unfortunately, I've already submitted my articles
to the BASIX newsletter. The fanzine has been popular, but since
Alexleft the position of editor, it's popularity has dropped. Probably
due to the dull HTML on the first one you did.

I'm sorry to say this, but I think the fanzine has died... Better
start publicizing the newsletter instead - I'm on the road to be a big

to suggest something, or maybe merge the two...

---
"640K of RAM is all anybody could ever need" - Bill Gates
                                /------------------------
                                |   My  opinions are  not
David Buckley                   |necessarily   in   touch

ICQ: 24444579                   |of the universe, sorry.

Sat, 12 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 The Basix Fanzine

I could put in some graphics stuff that I have done with help from
ppl here.

Would that be ok?

Gloria

==================

Quote:

> I was wondering if anyone will be contributing to the next issue. The
> next issue has been
> pushed back until september due to a lack of anything to put in from no
> submissions.

> David Groulx
> Editor of the Basix Fanzine
> http://www.come.to/basixfanzine

Tue, 15 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 The Basix Fanzine
While blathering insanely on Sun, 1 Aug 1999 00:54:29 +0100, Screech
scrawled in microsoft.public.basic.dos:

Quote:
>I am going to post the next issue on the 7th of August, for a small taster
>here is what we have in store:
>+ Trigonometry(Bucko)
+ Timers (Bucko)?

Flame me now - I'm a newbie!    /------------------------
                                |   My  opinions are  not
David Buckley                   |necessarily   in   touch

ICQ: 24444579                   |of the universe, sorry.

Wed, 16 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 The Basix Fanzine
While blathering insanely on 30 Jul 99 12:19:30 -0700,

Quote:
>I could put in some graphics stuff that I have done with help from
>ppl here.

>Would that be ok?

>Gloria

I think the two should comine into the BASIX fanletter or possibly
newszine? It's no good having two small magazines, one fairly popular
but with few articles, and one relatively upopular but with loads when
you could have a popular one with loads of articles... I've always
liked the fanzine (it definatley has the better name :) ), so I think
the two should combine.

I don't see how it could happen though. can't have two editors to one
mag...

---
"640K of RAM is all anybody could ever need" - Bill Gates
                                /------------------------
                                |   My  opinions are  not
David Buckley                   |necessarily   in   touch

ICQ: 24444579                   |of the universe, sorry.

Wed, 16 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 The Basix Fanzine
I am going to post the next issue on the 7th of August, for a small taster
here is what we have in store:
+ Trigonometry(Bucko)
+ Beginners/Intermediat BASIC tutorial (Casson)
+ Graphics Reading (Screech)

Quote:
> While blathering insanely on Tue, 27 Jul 1999 01:54:34 GMT, David
> Groulx scrawled in alt.lang.basic:

> >I was wondering if anyone will be contributing to the next issue. The
> >next issue has been
> >pushed back until september due to a lack of anything to put in from no
> >submissions.

> >David Groulx
> >Editor of the Basix Fanzine
> >http://www.come.to/basixfanzine

> I would submit, but unfortunately, I've already submitted my articles
> to the BASIX newsletter. The fanzine has been popular, but since
> Alexleft the position of editor, it's popularity has dropped. Probably
> due to the dull HTML on the first one you did.

> I'm sorry to say this, but I think the fanzine has died... Better
> start publicizing the newsletter instead - I'm on the road to be a big

> to suggest something, or maybe merge the two...

> ---
> "640K of RAM is all anybody could ever need" - Bill Gates
>                                 /------------------------
>                                 |   My  opinions are  not
> David Buckley                   |necessarily   in   touch

> ICQ: 24444579                   |of the universe, sorry.

Thu, 17 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 The Basix Fanzine

Quote:

> I think the two should comine into the BASIX fanletter or possibly
> newszine? It's no good having two small magazines, one fairly popular
> but with few articles, and one relatively upopular but with loads when
> you could have a popular one with loads of articles... I've always
> liked the fanzine (it definatley has the better name :) ), so I think
> the two should combine.

> I don't see how it could happen though. can't have two editors to one
> mag...

If they can work together without rancor, why can't there be co-editors?

--Walt.

--
SPAM BLOCKING IN EFFECT: Only those in my address book can send me mail.

<California IS the promised land.  That's why so many people live here.>

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Sat, 19 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 The Basix Fanzine
If you were a writer, you would understand why there has to be one guy with
"the last word."

If there were co-editors, I would play one against the other for maximum
space.

--
Michael Mattias
Special Contributor, "BASICally Speaking"

Quote:
>> I don't see how it could happen though. can't have two editors to one
>> mag...

>If they can work together without rancor, why can't there be co-editors?

Sat, 19 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 The Basix Fanzine
While blathering insanely on Tue, 03 Aug 1999 14:05:44 GMT, Michael
Mattias scrawled in comp.lang.basic.misc:

Quote:
>If you were a writer, you would understand why there has to be one guy with
>"the last word."

>If there were co-editors, I would play one against the other for maximum
>space.

I was actually referring to communication problems. And it's quite
easy to take artcles and stick them in a HTML file with the athors
name etc. Doesn't need more than one person.

---
"640K of RAM is all anybody could ever need" - Bill Gates
                                /------------------------
                                |   My  opinions are  not
David Buckley                   |necessarily   in   touch

ICQ: 24444579                   |of the universe, sorry.

Sun, 20 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 The Basix Fanzine
Oh, I thought, you were talking about an editor...oh, you were?

Editors do a lot more than  "take artcles [sic] and stick them in a HTML
file ". They decide how much print space you get, which paragraphs and
sentences stay, which paragraphs and sentences you need to add, if you need
to change the order of your presentation; they also handle the checking and
correction of spelling, grammar and usage; and frequently do
"fact-checking." Ultimately, it's the editor who decides if the work is
published or not.

Editing by committee, lacking an individual with "final authority," a
publication is automatically reduced to the least-common denonimator,
meaning it is boring, dull and soon, history.

Michael Mattias
Racine WI USA

Quote:

>I was actually referring to communication problems. And it's quite
>easy to take artcles and stick them in a HTML file with the athors
>name etc. Doesn't need more than one person.

Sun, 20 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 The Basix Fanzine
I dont mind the two merging, but what does David think about this?

Quote:
> While blathering insanely on Tue, 03 Aug 1999 14:05:44 GMT, Michael
> Mattias scrawled in comp.lang.basic.misc:

> >If you were a writer, you would understand why there has to be one guy
with
> >"the last word."

> >If there were co-editors, I would play one against the other for maximum
> >space.

> I was actually referring to communication problems. And it's quite
> easy to take artcles and stick them in a HTML file with the athors
> name etc. Doesn't need more than one person.

> ---
> "640K of RAM is all anybody could ever need" - Bill Gates
>                                 /------------------------
>                                 |   My  opinions are  not
> David Buckley                   |necessarily   in   touch

> ICQ: 24444579                   |of the universe, sorry.

Sun, 20 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 The Basix Fanzine
While blathering insanely on Wed, 04 Aug 1999 23:59:53 GMT, Michael
Mattias scrawled in comp.lang.basic.misc:

Quote:
>Oh, I thought, you were talking about an editor...oh, you were?

:)

Quote:
>Editors do a lot more than  "take artcles [sic] and stick them in a HTML
>file ". They decide how much print space you get, which paragraphs and
>sentences stay, which paragraphs and sentences you need to add, if you need
>to change the order of your presentation; they also handle the checking and
>correction of spelling, grammar and usage; and frequently do
>"fact-checking." Ultimately, it's the editor who decides if the work is
>published or not.

Nevertheless, not a time-consuming job.
do
   do
      ProofRead article$
      Send authoremail$, errors$
   loop until date$=issuedueout$
   Send mailinglist$, issue$
loop until neweditor=true

Quote:
>Editing by committee, lacking an individual with "final authority," a
>publication is automatically reduced to the least-common denonimator,
>meaning it is boring, dull and soon, history.

True.

---
"640K of RAM is all anybody could ever need" - Bill Gates
                                /------------------------
                                |   My  opinions are  not
David Buckley                   |necessarily   in   touch

ICQ: 24444579                   |of the universe, sorry.

Wed, 23 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. **BASIX Fanzine soon**

2. The Basix Fanzine - Some points

3. -=O=- Basix Fanzine 5 -=O=-

4. 3D Basix Fanzine Article

5. Check article to Basix fanzine

6. Artcile posted to Basix Fanzine

7. Basix Fanzine

8. Basix Fanzine

9. question from the Basix Fanzine

10. How to get the Basix Fanzine

11. ][ssue 5 - Basix Fanzine

12. It's here - Issue 15 of the Basix Fanzine