STOPING PIRATES *****************
Author Message
 STOPING PIRATES *****************

Hello,

I'm making a program.  Well to keep people for passing round the FULL
version I made the password file protected.  So:

YOU CAN"T UPLOAD IT!!!

BUT:

If you zip it or copy it that won't protect it (can some one help me :)
plez!

Nate

Wed, 03 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 STOPING PIRATES *****************
A good method I use is to get the install date from the catalog.  Then,
have someone email you to get a code to unlock it.  If it's given to
someone, and they install it, and the date is different than the code
indicates, it won't work.  Hope this helps.

Fri, 05 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 STOPING PIRATES *****************
I wonder if someone could clarify a point for me concerning the syntax
of the  ON ERROR  statement, when used in QuickBASIC 4.5. In the
on-line
help, it clearly states that:

Quote:
>ON ERROR Statement Details

>Syntax
>  ON ERROR GOTO line

>The line argument is the line number or line label of the first line
>in the error-handling routine. This line must appear in module-level
>code.

On the other hand, elsewhere it also says that:

Quote:

>SUB and FUNCTION procedures and DEF FN functions can contain their own
>error handlers. The error handler must be located after the last
>executable statement but before the END SUB, END FUNCTION, or END DEF
>statement. To keep the error handler from executing when there is no
>error, the procedure or function must terminate with an EXIT SUB, EXIT
>FUNCTION, or EXIT DEF statement immediately ahead of the error
>handler, as in the following example:

>SUB InitializeMatrix (var1, var2, var3, var4)
>     .
>.      .
>      .
>   ON ERR GOTO ErrorHandler
>      .
>      .
>      .
>   EXIT SUB

>   ErrorHandler:
>      .
>      .
>      .
>   RETURN

>END SUB

Am I missing something, or is this a contradiction? I attempted the
latter
syntax, putting an error handler within a sub, and when running the
program in the QuickBASIC environment, I received a "LABEL NOT DEFINED"

error message. The same handler worked fine when placed in the module
level
code.
Is there a way to make an error trap work within a sub?
Thanks for your help...

                                        Mark Bornfeld

Sun, 07 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. re pirate proof

2. How to protect your software from pirating?

3. Off-topic - News of Pirate Pete

4. Cheap PIRATE Software Available UK!!!

5. Pirate Pete goes "in character"

6. Pirate Pete's Treasure Trove of VB Source Code

7. *****SECURITY****PIRATING

8. *****SECURITY****PIRATING

9. *****SECURITY****PIRATING

10. Prevent your program from being pirated

11. Pirate Software From Macau at CHINESE prices-ipk@macau.ctm.net

12. Pirate Software From Macau at CHINESE prices-ipk@macau.ctm.net