32 bit BASIC Compilers
Author Message
 32 bit BASIC Compilers

Hi everyone,

How many of you would like to see a 32 bit BASIC compiler?

I read in Byte magazine (July issue) about a 32/64 bit BASIC compiler
from Basmark named XBASIC.

I would like to see wheather a lot of BASIC programmers really want a 32
bit BASIC compilers.

Thanks

Sun, 21 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

Subject: 32 bit BASIC Compilers

C>How many of you would like to see a 32 bit BASIC compiler?

I would.  Which is probably why powerbasic for OS/2 will be a 32-bit
compiler.

--Dave
---
 t QMPro 1.53 t Your E-Mail has been returned due to insufficient voltage

Sun, 21 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 32 bit BASIC Compilers

Quote:
>Subject: 32 bit BASIC Compilers

>C>How many of you would like to see a 32 bit BASIC compiler?

>I would.  Which is probably why PowerBASIC for OS/2 will be a 32-bit
>compiler.

Could you tell me alittle bit more 'bout this?  I have pb v3.0, so will there
be any upgrade possibilities?

Damo

Sun, 21 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 32 bit BASIC Compilers
Subject: Re: 32 bit BASIC Compiler

C>Could you tell me alittle bit more 'bout this?  I have pb v3.0, so will there
C>be any upgrade possibilities?

We are currently working on a 32-bit BASIC compiler for native OS/2
applications.  Since the product is not ready I don't have any
information on it (it's a closely guarded secret, even between
departments here).

Marketing decisions on products (such as upgrading, etc..) are not made
until a product is finished and in duplication.  So I don't know.

As soon as we have information we can release, I'll immediately post it
here.

--Dave
---
 t QMPro 1.53 t Can you do the Picard Maneuver in a Hyundai?

Sun, 21 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 32 bit BASIC Compilers

Quote:
>==========Sysop, 7/5/95==========

>Subject: 32 bit BASIC Compilers

>C>How many of you would like to see a 32 bit BASIC compiler?

>I would.  Which is probably why PowerBASIC for OS/2 will be a 32-bit
>compiler.

>--Dave
>---
> t QMPro 1.53 t Your E-Mail has been returned due to insufficient voltage

I would love to see a 32-bit BASIC compiler too. I was pretty disappointed
with XBasic. I would love to see a 32-bit version of PowerBASIC for Windows
NT/95 - even if it supported only console mode stuff. How about it?

Chris Glasser
AT&T Global Information Solutions

(803) 939-6786

Wed, 24 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 32 bit BASIC Compilers

Quote:
>I read in Byte magazine (July issue) about a 32/64 bit BASIC compiler
>from Basmark named XBASIC.

I have program from Basmark called Visual QuickBasic (v2.1) that compiles true
32-bit assembly.  The problem is that almost all of the coding is API calls to a
DLL that is 1.3 megs.  It is lightining fast, but if you think you can jump from
BASICA, QUICKBASIC or Visual Basic to VQB you will have a hard time.  In addition
you will need to know how to use the C++ 32 bit NMAKE and LINK utilities.  The
environment looks like the Unix X-Windows and requires a 32 bit OS (the win32s
doesnt cut it due to resource limitations.  This leaves NT and Win95 and mabey
Warp (havent tested it under Warp) The hole thing is based on windows messages and
callbacks, something not used by most basic programmers.  VQB sells for $500.00
(Windows) and ($998.00) for the Unix version.

Thu, 25 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 32 bit BASIC Compilers

Quote:
>Subject: 32 bit BASIC Compilers
>C>How many of you would like to see a 32 bit BASIC compiler?
>I would.  Which is probably why PowerBASIC for OS/2 will be a 32-bit
>compiler.

any idea as to when it will be available?

 Albert                        "The world is full of strange behavior
 Ursus Saltatorius          Every man has to be his own savior
 La Vie dansante            I know I can make it on my own if I try
                                     But I'm searchin for a Great Heart
                                    To stand me by"
"When you gonna Love you as much as I do?"

Thu, 25 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 32 bit BASIC Compilers

C>I would love to see a 32-bit BASIC compiler too. I was pretty disappointed
C>with XBasic. I would love to see a 32-bit version of PowerBASIC for Windows
C>NT/95 - even if it supported only console mode stuff. How about it?

It's on the project list already, but I don't know it's priority or when
it may be available.

--Dave
---
 t QMPro 1.53 t Dogs come when you call. Cats have answering machines.

Fri, 26 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 32 bit BASIC Compilers

A>>I would.  Which is probably why PowerBASIC for OS/2 will be a 32-bit
A>>compiler.

A>any idea as to when it will be available?

None whatsoever.  I know things are going pretty well with it because I
hear a loud "yahoo!" every now and again from the room where that team
is located.

--Dave
---
 t QMPro 1.53 t DOS < MONEY > BILL GATES

Fri, 26 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 32 bit BASIC Compilers

writes:
:>
:>
:>C>I would love to see a 32-bit BASIC compiler too. I was pretty disappointed
:>C>with XBasic. I would love to see a 32-bit version of PowerBASIC for Windows
:>C>NT/95 - even if it supported only console mode stuff. How about it?
:>
:>It's on the project list already, but I don't know it's priority or when
:>it may be available.

What I would like to see is a 32-bit BASIC compiler for OS/2:)  Or even the
ability to compile 16-bit OS/2 programs.

Larry Snider

Wed, 31 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 32 bit BASIC Compilers

Hello Larry,

Quote:

(Sysop)
>writes:
>:>
>:>Subject: Re: 32 bit BASIC Compiler
>:>
>:>C>I would love to see a 32-bit BASIC compiler too. I was pretty
disappointed
>:>C>with XBasic. I would love to see a 32-bit version of PowerBASIC for
Windows
>:>C>NT/95 - even if it supported only console mode stuff. How about it?
>:>
>:>It's on the project list already, but I don't know it's priority or when
>:>it may be available.
>What I would like to see is a 32-bit BASIC compiler for OS/2:)  Or even the
>ability to compile 16-bit OS/2 programs.

PDS (MicroSoft Professional Basic 7.1) will compile OS/2 applications. Also,
CA Realizer will create GUI Windows and OS/2 applications.

Best regards,

Thu, 01 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

 [ 21 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. 32 Bit Basic Compiler

2. 32-bit BASIC compilers for Win95/WinNT?

3. 32-bit BASIC Compiler for Windows!

4. 32-bit BASIC Compiler for DOS?