Qbasic and QuickBasic
Author Message
 Qbasic and QuickBasic

What were the source langauges used to create Qbasic and QuickBasic?

Dave

Thu, 10 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Qbasic and QuickBasic

Quote:

>What were the source langauges used to create Qbasic and QuickBasic?

>Dave

There have been many versions of Basic, the bottom line is that it was
originally developed strictly as a teaching language becuase of it's
simplicity, althrough in the right hands it can be pretty powerful.
Ican look up the details if you want them as far as who and where it
was developed.

Sat, 12 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Qbasic and QuickBasic

Quote:
>>What were the source langauges used to create Qbasic and QuickBasic?

>>Dave

>There have been many versions of Basic, the bottom line is that it was
>originally developed strictly as a teaching language becuase of it's
>simplicity, althrough in the right hands it can be pretty powerful.
>Ican look up the details if you want them as far as who and where it
>was developed.

I think he wanted to know the language in which QBasic and Quick BASIC were
written.  The answer to that is C, see? Si.

Tom Lake

Sat, 12 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Qbasic and QuickBasic

Quote:

> What were the source langauges used to create Qbasic and QuickBasic?

If you mean the ancestry of the languages, MSBASIC, GWBASIC and other MS
flavors of BASIC.  Before that, BASIC itself, I've heard, has it's roots in
fortran.

If you mean what did they write the compilers / interpreters in, I expect C
as Microsoft was a largely C shop at the time.

    - Bill

Sat, 12 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. qbasic or quickbasic?

2. What is the difference between Qbasic and quickbasic

3. The most QBasic and QuickBasic files on the Internet

4. Qbasic vs QUICKBasic

5. How show .gifs in QBasic or QuickBasic?

6. QBASIC to QuickBASIC

7. My good Qbasic and Quickbasic page is up!! Check it out!

8. A good Qbasic&QuickBasic site is now up!!

9. QBasic/QuickBasic IRC channel

10. TCP/IP in Qbasic\Quickbasic

11. History of QuickBasic, QBasic, PDS, VB and VB DOS

12. command line from Qbasic/Quickbasic