Y2K Problem and Opnions
Author Message
 Y2K Problem and Opnions

I have noticed a great number of unqualified opinions and
recommendations  on the Y2K issue. As an IT professional, I am aware of
the effect this issue has on my client.However, there are other issues
which I may not have yet encountered that others such as I have been
addressing.I am interested in what other professional IT manager's are
saying about this issue. Can someone direct me to resources that address
this issue from an IT professional's perspective?  With only 554 days
remaining, I would like to be tuned in to the various forums and
discussion lists which address this issue from the IT manager's
perspective.

Tue, 12 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Y2K Problem and Opnions

Hi Carl,

   I searched long and hard to find a IT group for information... Try this
site:

                http://www.brint.com/interest.html

                                            Joe Hochstuhl

Quote:

>I have noticed a great number of unqualified opinions and
>recommendations  on the Y2K issue. As an IT professional, I am aware of
>the effect this issue has on my client.However, there are other issues
>which I may not have yet encountered that others such as I have been
>addressing.I am interested in what other professional IT manager's are
>saying about this issue. Can someone direct me to resources that address
>this issue from an IT professional's perspective?  With only 554 days
>remaining, I would like to be tuned in to the various forums and
>discussion lists which address this issue from the IT manager's
>perspective.

Tue, 12 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Y2K Problem and Opnions

Quote:

>I have noticed a great number of unqualified opinions and
>recommendations  on the Y2K issue. As an IT professional, I am aware of
>the effect this issue has on my client.However, there are other issues
>which I may not have yet encountered that others such as I have been
>addressing.I am interested in what other professional IT manager's are
>saying about this issue. Can someone direct me to resources that address
>this issue from an IT professional's perspective?  With only 554 days
>remaining, I would like to be tuned in to the various forums and
>discussion lists which address this issue from the IT manager's
>perspective.

If you can deal with the sometimes low signal-to-noise ratio, you'll
find pointers to many resources in comp.software.year-2000.  Be aware
that the group sometimes runs 300 messages per day, and can have long
off topic threads.  Perhaps 30% of the messages are "wheat" and much
of the rest is "chaff".

Visit my source code page at http://www.mindspring.com/~johnecarter
Visit my favorite school at http://www.mindspring.com/~addison

Sat, 16 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. To Y2K or not to Y2K: A New Y2K Survey

2. Y2K tool to assess,remediate visual basic tool for Y2k compliance

3. Date/Y2K problem

4. Access 2 Y2k Patch PROBLEM !!!!!!!!

5. Y2K Problem of Access

6. Y2K problem.. please, help

7. Visdata/VB6 Y2K Problem

8. Already have a Y2K-related problem w/ VB6

9. CDate problem, Y2K-bug...

10. Y2K Law Handbook: Year 2000 Problem Legal Guide

11. Date Problems (Y2K?)

12. Y2k problems or...?