Need help on Peek / Poke comands
Author Message
 Need help on Peek / Poke comands

I'm looking for the memory adresses of a peek and a poke . One to read the
keyboard and the other to reset it to be read again . ( or any other
commands to set up an input loop w/out stopping for the user )
I usally use Aplesoft BASIC but I could do much better if I knew these .
Thanks in advance to anyone who could provide them .

Tue, 16 Sep 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help on Peek / Poke comands

Quote:

> I'm looking for the memory adresses of a peek and a poke . One to read the
> keyboard and the other to reset it to be read again . ( or any other
> commands to set up an input loop w/out stopping for the user )
> I usally use Aplesoft BASIC but I could do much better if I knew these .
> Thanks in advance to anyone who could provide them .

Uhh, if it's apple use the GET command. If it's dos, 1047 is the decimal
addres of the non-keystroke area (shift num-lock, ctrl, alt etc.)

Wed, 17 Sep 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help on Peek / Poke comands

: I'm looking for the memory adresses of a peek and a poke . One to read the
: keyboard and the other to reset it to be read again . ( or any other
: commands to set up an input loop w/out stopping for the user )
: I usally use Aplesoft BASIC but I could do much better if I knew these .
: Thanks in advance to anyone who could provide them .

You *must* get Ralph Brown's INTERRUPT list.  It will give you a pletora
of information about the guts of the PC.

I don't know where you would find it, but you may try OAK.OAKLAND.EDU in
directory /SimTel/msdos for starters.
--
-Carl

Wed, 17 Sep 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP: functions inp/out/peek/poke for working with AD/DA board in VB4

2. Peek, Poke

3. peek and poke

4. Peek, Poke, ...

5. Peek Poke example to A/D hardware