ASM
Author Message
 ASM

SR> How do I make BASIC call an assembly statement?
SR> Like jmp 0000:ffff makes the computer reboot, how do I call that from
SR> basic?

If QuickBasic, and Not QBasic that comes with DOS

Load QB with the "/L" switch and '$INCLUDE: 'qb.bi' in your code, then;

Warm Boot-

DEF SEG = 0
POKE &H473, &H12
POKE &H472, &H34
DEF SEG = &HFFFF
CALL Absolute (0)

ColdBoot-

DEF SEG = &HFFFF
CALL Absolute(0)

*SignIt 2.0 #001* Signed?08-04-1996
---
 t SPEED 2.00 #2289 t If you mean QB that comes with DOS, no you can't ....

Thu, 21 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ASM

SR> How do I make BASIC call an assembly statement?
SR> Like jmp 0000:ffff makes the computer reboot, how do I call that from
SR> basic?

    If you are using QuickBASIC, and not QBasic that come with DOS, then
load QB with the "/l" switch to load the default library. Add
 '$INCLUDE: 'qb.bi' for the Declarations, at the top of your code, then;

Warm Boot-
DEF SEG = 0
POKE &H473, &H12
POKE &H472, &H34
DEF SEG = &HFFFF
CALL Absolute(0)

Cold Boot-
DEF SEG = &HFFFF
CALL Absolute(0)

*SignIt 2.0 #001* Signed?08-04-1996
---
 t SPEED 2.00 #2289 t Programming's like sex:one oops, you support it forever

Thu, 21 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ASM

Quote:

> Warm Boot-

> DEF SEG = 0
> POKE &H473, &H12
> POKE &H472, &H34
> DEF SEG = &HFFFF
> CALL Absolute (0)

> ColdBoot-

> DEF SEG = &HFFFF
> CALL Absolute(0)

The BIOS memory-check code sets the boot flag at 0040:0072 to 1234h as
soon as it finishes, so a warm boot is effectively the default (unless
someone else has changed the boot flag).  If you want a cold boot, you
need to set the boot flag to some value *other than* 1234h before
jumping to the reset address.  Zero and 7F7Fh are two popular choices,
but any value besides 1234h should do.

---
Glen Blankenship                                Hudsucker Industries

Tue, 26 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. QBasic to ASM

2. Question: Trouble with ASM subroutine

3. Question: Trouble calling a ASM subroutine from PDS (QuickBasic 7.0)

4. Fast ASM routine to output Text

5. return string from ASM to qbasic

6. Translate asm code to Basic

7. ASM in QBasic

8. BASM - BASIC to ASM conversion

9. How do you use ASM with QB71?

10. inline ASM in PB

11. Help Com port (asm)

12. SVGA in PowerBASIC and/or Inline Asm...