PDS (Qbasic 7.1) and com3: & com4:
Author Message
 PDS (Qbasic 7.1) and com3: & com4:

I need to access the 4 com ports and they port must be open at the same time.

Is there a product that allows me to open com1, com2 and (com3 or com4) all
at the same time.

Thanks

Tue, 13 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 PDS (Qbasic 7.1) and com3: & com4:

Quote:
>Is there a product that allows me to open com1, com2 and (com3 or com4) all
>at the same time.

If I remember correctly, PDS can only handle two ports at once.  It can handle
COM3: and COM4: but only at the de-facto standard interrupts of Irq 4 & 3 which
are the same that COM1: and COM2: use respectively.

You'd have to use an add-on library to have all four open at once.  The only one
that I know will handle it is PdqComm from Ethan Winer's company.  It used to be
Crescent Software but Ethan has support for the dos products again and I don't
have a number or anything.

Tue, 13 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 PDS (Qbasic 7.1) and com3: & com4:

Quote:

>You'd have to use an add-on library to have all four open at once.  The only one
>that I know will handle it is PdqComm from Ethan Winer's company.  It used to be
>Crescent Software but Ethan has support for the dos products again and I don't
>have a number or anything.

Ethan Winer's new company is:

Full Moon Software
34 Cedar Vale Drive
New Milford CT 06776
860-350-6120 Fax:860-350-6517 CIS:72241,63

Crescent software was bought out by Progress Software and the deal
solely in Windows based software development.

Have fun,
Programmer

Wed, 14 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 PDS (Qbasic 7.1) and com3: & com4:

##-------
## From:NICK DAVISON
##   To:ALL
## Date:27 Apr 96  17:20:00
##-------

 ND> QuadCOM Version 4.2 (c) Nick Davison 1995, a shareware serial system
 ND> library written in assembler for QB4.x, BC6.x, BC7.x PDS, VBDOS1.x.

 ND> Four COM ports open at once, user definable card addresses,
 ND> user definable IRQ's, automatic XON/XOFF RTS/CTS handshaking,
 ND> baud rates up to 115,200 bps, use 16550A's FIFO's, no more
 ND> buffer loss on SHELLs, no more dropping DTR when closing the
 ND> port, no more ON ERROR to catch transmission errors, and more...
 ND> WITH QUICKBASIC... This is it.

 ND> uuencode it and send you it if you fancy a look.

Gidday Nick!

  I caught a glimpse of this message and it interests me very much. Please
  email me a copy.

  Many thanks in advance....

       Graeme Grant

~~~ Blue Wave v2.12

This message was processed by RAuucp from Merlin Systems Inc.

Sat, 17 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Year2K Compliance of Microsoft Basic PDS 7.1 and Consulting Firms specializing in Y2K and PDS 7.1

2. Ports COM3,COM4 in Qbasic.

3. Supporting Com3 and Com4 in QBasic

4. Supporting Com3 and Com4 in QBasic

5. FS: QBasic PDS 7.1

6. QBasic 7.1 (QBX/PDS) PROISAM librarys needed

7. Qbasic 4.5 vs 7.1 PDS

8. COM3 & COM4 in Quickbasic

9. VBDOS and COM3 & COM4

10. QB 7.1 (sorry - PDS 7.1)