How execute a program in AS/400..?????? URGENT *****
Author Message
 How execute a program in AS/400..?????? URGENT *****

***** URGENT ******
The ideia is:
In one aplication with Visual Basic 5.0 (Professional Edition) and a
conection to AS/400 like Rally! Router or other ..
Run a program in AS/400 like a CL or a RPG . That program maybe execute a
Copyf (Copy File) or other command of AS/400...
Please give me some ideias.
Thanks for a friend in Portugal

Sun, 15 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How execute a program in AS/400..?????? URGENT *****

Quote:

>***** URGENT ******
>The ideia is:
>In one aplication with Visual Basic 5.0 (Professional Edition) and a
>conection to AS/400 like Rally! Router or other ..
>Run a program in AS/400 like a CL or a RPG . That program maybe
execute a
>Copyf (Copy File) or other command of AS/400...
>Please give me some ideias.
>Thanks for a friend in Portugal

Check out the developer products at www.walldata.com.

jdm

Mon, 16 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How execute a program in AS/400..?????? URGENT *****
On Wed, 27 Jan 1999 22:58:41 -0000, "Private"

Quote:

>***** URGENT ******
>The ideia is:
>In one aplication with Visual Basic 5.0 (Professional Edition) and a
>conection to AS/400 like Rally! Router or other ..
>Run a program in AS/400 like a CL or a RPG . That program maybe execute a
>Copyf (Copy File) or other command of AS/400...
>Please give me some ideias.
>Thanks for a friend in Portugal

Since you have the AS/400, you already have either (most likely)
Client Acces/400 (Windows) or PC-Support (DOS) depending on the level
of the OS on the AS/400. When you install these on a PC, it creates a
logical drive on the AS/400 with the drive designation I:. I: has
different subdirectories which hold commands to be used with various
PC OSs. You can call them like you would call something in DOS (i.e.,
SHELL). You can also include them in BAT programs. Figure out which
one is appropriate for the OS you are using on the PC. One of the
commands is RMTCMD and it allows you to call CL or RPG apps on the
400.

There are other commands that do things like file transfers and other
stuff. We're developing a system right now that takes ticketing
information from an airline reservation system and transfers it to our
AS/400 for processing.

Gary J. Sibio
mr. travel, inc.

If anything in here looks like an idea or an opinion,
it's mine and mr. travel, inc. is not responsible for it.

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How execute a program in AS/400..?????? URGENT *****

2. Call A Program on another Server - RPGLE program on an AS/400

3. Data Access Object/400 (DAO/400)

4. AS/400 DB2/400

5. AS/400 - Seeking info on using VB to access DB2/400

6. Calling AS/400 CL Program using Client Access ODBC, VB, and ADO

7. call to a as/400 program

8. Running a program on the AS/400

9. Running a program on the AS/400

10. Calling Cobol or RPG programs in AS/400 from VB

11. Calling Cobol or RPG programs in AS/400 from VB

12. AS\400 Sample VB Programs