"Property Windows"-style OCX needed 
Author Message
 "Property Windows"-style OCX needed

Unless your application is a utility for developers, I recommend against
it.  Only developers understand the look and feel of such a window.  A
standard window with the SSTab control (Style = 1) would probably be
better.  

Just my two cents...



Quote:
> I like the property window in VB4/VB5. I want to include such a window in
> my own software. Is there an OCX available???

> Stefan de Vogelaere
> Belgium



Fri, 10 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 "Property Windows"-style OCX needed


says...

Quote:
> Unless your application is a utility for developers, I recommend against
> it.  Only developers understand the look and feel of such a window.  A
> standard window with the SSTab control (Style = 1) would probably be
> better.  

What I want to do is give the user an interface to fill in data fields.
The "property" approach is easy for the developer because he does not
have to develop multiple input screens. If today my user wants to expand
a certain table with two more fields, it would be easy with a property
window.


Sat, 11 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 "Property Windows"-style OCX needed

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_01BC39D6.C9EA6EA0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit


Quote:
> I like the property window in VB4/VB5. I want to include such a window in
> my own software. Is there an OCX available???

I made a property window myself that looks like it. E-mail me direct if you
want to try it out (made in VB5).

-- Ben
------=_NextPart_000_01BC39D6.C9EA6EA0
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head></head><BODY bgcolor=3D"#FFFFFF"><p><font size=3D2 =
color=3D"#000000" face=3D"Arial">&gt; Stefan de Vogelaere &lt;<font =

color=3D"#000000">&gt; wrote in article<br>&lt;<font =

color=3D"#000000">&gt;...<br>&gt; I like the property window in VB4/VB5. =
I want to include such a window in<br>&gt; my own software. Is there an =
OCX available???<br>&gt;<br>I made a property window myself that looks =
like it. E-mail me direct if you want to try it out (made in =
VB5).<br><br>-- Ben</p>
</font></font></font></font></font></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_01BC39D6.C9EA6EA0--



Sun, 12 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 "Property Windows"-style OCX needed

If I'm not wrong, wouldn't you just go to project, insert property page?
--
Brian Marzano
===========
My email is intentionally set wrong to avoid junk mail,

===========




Quote:
> I like the property window in VB4/VB5. I want to include such a window in
> my own software. Is there an OCX available???

I made a property window myself that looks like it. E-mail me direct if you
want to try it out (made in VB5).

-- Ben
----------



Sun, 12 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 "Property Windows"-style OCX needed

Use a grid control with two columns
1st would be description, 2nd would be the values, and then create
a class to handle the input via several controls.

Mark Dykun



Quote:

> says...
> > Unless your application is a utility for developers, I recommend
against
> > it.  Only developers understand the look and feel of such a window.  A
> > standard window with the SSTab control (Style = 1) would probably be
> > better.  

> What I want to do is give the user an interface to fill in data fields.
> The "property" approach is easy for the developer because he does not
> have to develop multiple input screens. If today my user wants to expand
> a certain table with two more fields, it would be easy with a property
> window.



Mon, 13 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 "Property Windows"-style OCX needed



Quote:
> Use a grid control with two columns
> 1st would be description, 2nd would be the values, and then create
> a class to handle the input via several controls.

Mark,
I tried several grid controls, but non of them have all the features. For
example, one feature would be that a user can only select one row at the
same time. This is not possible in vsFlex f.e.
I also like the fact that when you select a line, only the first column
is hightlighted. My thinking is that you would need a ordinary list box
control and enhance it, but I do not have any knowledge of C++ ocx
control creation...


Mon, 13 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 "Property Windows"-style OCX needed


dimcorp.com says...

Quote:
> If I'm not wrong, wouldn't you just go to project, insert property page?
> --
> Brian Marzano

It's not that kind of property window. I mean the real property window,
the one with the two columns...


Mon, 13 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 "Property Windows"-style OCX needed

Oh, the property window :)
Okay, I'm the idiot who hasn't been following the thread here....

--
Brian Marzano
===========
My email is intentionally set wrong to avoid junk mail,

===========



Quote:

> dimcorp.com says...
> > If I'm not wrong, wouldn't you just go to project, insert property
page?
> > --
> > Brian Marzano
> It's not that kind of property window. I mean the real property window,
> the one with the two columns...



Mon, 13 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 8 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. "Property Windows"-style OCX needed

2. "Property Windows"-style OCX needed

3. "Property Windows"-style OCX needed

4. "Property Windows"-style OCX needed

5. "97"-Style Toolbar OCX for VB5?

6. DB Lists Searching ("Windows Help-style")

7. "Property Browser" OCX wanted

8. Assembly class public property "RootNameSpace" needed

9. I need "Imgsvacc.ocx"

10. Properties and "sub-Properties"

11. Style "Carousel"

12. VB Style "Add Project" dialog

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software