Run Icon prog from inside Qbasic
Author Message
 Run Icon prog from inside Qbasic

This is just a question about "calling" one program in one language
from another program in another language.

I have an automatic verse program in Icon.  I would like to "call"
or run it from a Qbasic program.

Is this possible?  The reason I want to do this is that I know how
to do nice graphic displays in Qbasic and I could make it look better
by framing it in Qbasic.

Thanks!

Gloria McMillan

Thu, 16 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Run Icon prog from inside Qbasic

Quote:
>This is just a question about "calling" one program in one language
>from another program in another language.

>I have an automatic verse program in Icon.  I would like to "call"
>or run it from a Qbasic program.

>Is this possible?  The reason I want to do this is that I know how
>to do nice graphic displays in Qbasic and I could make it look better
>by framing it in Qbasic.

>Thanks!

Hi Gloria,

  Your options are "CHAIN", "RUN" and "SHELL FILENAME.EXE" or a .BAT file
I doubt CHAIN will work as the the other program is an .EXE
RUN won't get you back to QBASIC when your finished with the other program.
SHELL may work depending on how the other program exits.
You _could_ write a .BAT file from within QBASIC that calls the .EXE then
re-calls QBASIC. It would be a bit tricky as you'd have to start your Qbasic
program from a batch file then put in a line like...

QBASIC ....
START:
IF NOT EXIST OTHER.BAT THEN GOTO QUIT
  WHATEVER.EXE
  QBASIC ......
  KILL OTHER.BAT
GOTO START

C'ya
  ____    _    ____      ____  _____
 |  _ \  / \  / ___) __ | ___)(_   _)
 | |_)  / _ \ \____\/  \|  _)   | |
 |____//_/ \_\(____/\__/|_|     |_|

     www.basicguru.com/schullian

Fri, 17 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. a EXE from a BIG Qbasic-Prog?

2. qbasic Com prog Question

3. Please Help /w QBasic Prog. 4 Dummies

4. getting a qbasic program to run the command to start another non qbasic

5. Help, need a qbasic prog compiled!

6. going to DOS from inside QBasic

7. Put an icon on the desktop during a setup prog

8. Apps to make icons for my VB prog?

9. Prog Man DDE to change icon

10. Add an icon to my eVB prog - How?

11. run a batch prog