MS QuickBasic and HP 870C Printer
Author Message
 MS QuickBasic and HP 870C Printer

No one answered my first query so will try one more time. MS Quick Basic
programs that printed on Imagewriter will not print on H-P 870C Deskjet
printer. H-P said to call Microsoft and Microsoft wants $$$$ to help. I
have tried many different coding changes involving HP PCL but nothing
works. I would appreciate any help on the correct print statements to use
in my MS QuickBasic programs. At stake is around 2000 genealogy entries
made over the last several years. Wish I still had my Imagewriter. I am
using Mac LC II w/ 10Mb ram. Thanks in advance.

Sat, 19 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 MS QuickBasic and HP 870C Printer

On Tue, 31 Dec 1996 10:01:49 +0000, Vernon Brown

Quote:

>No one answered my first query so will try one more time. MS Quick Basic
>programs that printed on Imagewriter will not print on H-P 870C Deskjet
>printer. H-P said to call Microsoft and Microsoft wants $$$$ to help. I
>have tried many different coding changes involving HP PCL but nothing
>works. I would appreciate any help on the correct print statements to use
>in my MS QuickBasic programs. At stake is around 2000 genealogy entries
>made over the last several years. Wish I still had my Imagewriter. I am
>using Mac LC II w/ 10Mb ram. Thanks in advance.

I am not familiar with the Deskjet series, or the Imagewriter  but
have had success with Laserjet II and III series and Epson Dot Matrix.
All of these printers will print in the default font in text mode with
just the LPRINT command. These printers also list in their respective
user manuals the  escape sequences required to access non default
print commands, such as landscape, bold, italic, etc. If you do not
have a manual I would be happy to post  the PCL and/or HP-GL printer
commands for the LaserJet III.  In case you do have the manual I
should point out that the escape sequence prefix as printed in the
manuals won't work in basic:  you have to use  CHR$(27) or in the qb45
editor press Ctrl-p and then Alt 27 on the number pad, which will give
you a left pointing  arrow. This is on a PC, I never tried it on a
MAC.

Hope this helps, if not, give me more details as to what your trying
to print and I will see if I can locate a deskjet manual or something.

Tue, 22 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. QuickBasic and HP 870C Printer

2. Printing Problems with HP 600 and HP 800 series printers

3. Using HP Printer Escape Sequences (aka Printer Passthrough Codes) in VB.Net

4. Printer.Font.Name and Printer.Font.Size problems with HP LaserJets

5. Printer Error 482 with HP Printer...

6. Printer Object and HP Deskjet Printers

7. Printer Object and HP Deskjet Printers

8. Printer Object and HP Deskjet Printers

9. how do you write a bmp file to hp lase4 from Quickbasic

10. printer control codes - hp-gl/2

11. HP printers

12. PDS7 and HP Compatible Printers