Searching the right BASIC/compiler pse
Author Message
 Searching the right BASIC/compiler pse

Hi Peeps,

I'm a bit of a newbie, but this does look the right place...

I currently use HiSoft BASIC on my Amigas, which isn't a bad version at
all. It has, in the past, imported and run without any mods at all,
(apart from some screen display bits) GWBASIC source.

What I wanna do now is port the HiSoft BASIC sources to the PC.

So basically (sorry) I am asking if GWBASIC is the one I want, and does
it have a compiler to produce stand-alone .exe's ?
I need serial/random access file handling, but nothing special graphic
wise, juss text mainly. A disk based manual would be cool.
Things like SWAP for sort routines would be nice,coz got some BIG data
files to sort in runtime environment..

Obviously, I dont wanna be spending any/much dosh :-)

Whaddayarekkon ???

Ta Steve
--
Steve C

Wed, 02 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. help pse: Can't get this working right

2. Compiler switches for MS Basic Compiler 5.35

3. BASIC compiler written in BASIC yet?

4. BASIC COMPILER : BYWATER BASIC

5. BETTER BASIC - old Basic Language Compiler

6. Free Compiler Right here!!!!

7. VB5 optimizing compiler - yeah right

8. VB5 optimizing compiler - yeah right

9. VB5 optimizing compiler - yeah right

10. VB5 optimizing compiler - yeah right

11. Basic-search the web quickly with Search Spaniel

12. Basic-search the web quickly with Search Spaniel