No Screen 13 in PBasic?
Author Message
 No Screen 13 in PBasic?

Maybe it's just me, but I can't find any screen in pbasic equivalent
to screen 13 in qbasic. If you didn't know, screen 13 in qbasic is:

320x200 graphics
256 colors assigned to 256 attributes
40x25 text assignment

        Why does pbasic only have 16 colors, also. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

        The friendly programmer\hacker
        Matt I. Gulden
        "It's a small small net after all!"

Sat, 12 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 No Screen 13 in PBasic?

Quote:

> PB / powerbasic (Not PBasic, unless PB inc. decided to release that
> one last night while I wasn't looking ;-) has no native support for
> screen 13. Too bad... _However_ there are several libraries which will
> take care of this. 256 colours, in various resolutions.

We'll likely add support in the next upgrade of the DOS compiler.

Quote:
> Xgraf, PBModeX, SVGAPB24, ect.
> You can find all three of these on my homepage:

PBModeX is freeware and I'll be uploading a lot more freeware/public domain source
code for Mode 13 over the next few weeks to our Web site.

--Dave

--
PowerBASIC, Inc.      | (800) 780-7707 Orders | http://www.powerbasic.com

Carmel, CA  93923     | (408) 659-8008 Fax    | (408) 659-7401 BBS

Thu, 17 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 No Screen 13 in PBasic?

Quote:
>> PB / PowerBasic (Not PBasic, unless PB inc. decided to release that
>> one last night while I wasn't looking ;-) has no native support for
>> screen 13. Too bad... _However_ there are several libraries which will
>> take care of this. 256 colours, in various resolutions.

>We'll likely add support in the next upgrade of the DOS compiler.

Okay, THAT's a good thing to hear!

Quote:
>> Xgraf, PBModeX, SVGAPB24, ect.
>> You can find all three of these on my homepage:
>PBModeX is freeware and I'll be uploading a lot more freeware/public domain source
>code for Mode 13 over the next few weeks to our Web site.

Speaking of which... Anyone tried XgrafPB lately?
Since I upgraded my computer it goofs up - all text is printed
vertically, mirrored instead of normally. As far as I'm aware it
*used* to work fine. Anyone?

Marc van den Dikkenberg
-----------------------------o---------------------
http://145.89.151.78/~excel  | Programming Archives
http://www.xs4all.nl/~excel  | antU, Humour, Sci-Fi

Fri, 18 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. QBasic: putting total screen on disk when SCREEN-mode=13

2. *PBASIC* PBASIC 1.0 Now in BETA!

3. Flicker-Free Animation in Screen 13 without messing up the Background

4. Screen 13

5. Turning a block in SCREEN 13.

6. Address for Screen 11,12,13?

7. SCREEN 13 for PowerBASIC 3.xx

8. SCREEN 13 for PowerBASIC 3.xx

9. Need help: colors on SCREEN 13

10. Border in SCREEN 13

11. Why is Screen 13 so Popular?

12. QBasic, other resolutions than SCREENs 0 thru 13