MS Basic PDS 7.1 Problem
Author Message
 MS Basic PDS 7.1 Problem

Help!  I've looked everywhere for a solution to this problem, to
no avail.  If I compile a program in the QBX environment as a
program which requires the run-time executable, then everything
works fine.  If I then compile the same program from the command
line, I get this error message when I try to run it:

"error loading brt71afr.exe: incompatible run-time module"

How can this be?  How can I get around this error?  Any help you
can give would be greatly appreciated.

Mon, 27 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 MS Basic PDS 7.1 Problem

Quote:

> Help!  I've looked everywhere for a solution to this problem, to
> no avail.  If I compile a program in the QBX environment as a
> program which requires the run-time executable, then everything
> works fine.  If I then compile the same program from the command
> line, I get this error message when I try to run it:

> "error loading brt71afr.exe: incompatible run-time module"

> How can this be?  How can I get around this error?  Any help you
> can give would be greatly appreciated.

I've seen this error many times. It used to happen all the time at my
office when we had multiple copies of QBX on a network shared by our
programmers. I'll tell you how we fixed it, I hope the solution
resolves your problem too. There are two solutions, dependent on your
situation:

* if you are working alone with one authorized copy of QBX: reinstall QBX
from the original installation disks. This will ensure that all libraries
have the same date.

* If you are working with others, each of you developing modules to be
run with the same BRT71?FR.EXE program, ensure that you all use a copy of
the same BRT71?FR.LIB file. They all must have the same date/time stamp.

The problem seems to occur, believe it or not, because of a date
difference on your libraries. When you install QBX all of the libraries
are built on the fly and their date/time stamp reflect the time you
installed the software. It appears that if you compile a program which
requires the run-time executable from the command line, the resultant
executable contains a date stamp that (I think) reflects the date of the
BRT71?FR.LIB file. When you try to execute your program and it then looks
for the BRT71?FR.EXE, the BRT71?FR.EXE program must match the date
stamped in your executable. If you have multiple developers all working
on one project (which will use one BRT71?FR.EXE file) and all with
different dates for the BRT71?FR.LIB file, you will have this problem. In
our office we would just make sure that all developers used the same
BRT71?FR.LIB file.

I hope this makes sense and fixes your problem. Feel free to contact me
if you have any questions.

David Estornell

Probity Information Technologies Corporation
159 West Evergreen Street
West Grove, PA 19390

Sun, 03 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Year2K Compliance of Microsoft Basic PDS 7.1 and Consulting Firms specializing in Y2K and PDS 7.1

2. WTB: MS Basic PDS 7.1 and Visual BAsic for DOS

3. MS Basic PDS vs 7.1

4. . simtel/msdos PDS ms-basic 7.1 add-ins etc

5. WTB: MS Basic PDS 7.1 and

6. wanted: MS Basic PDS version 7.1 or 7.01

7. Q: MS PDS Basic 7.1 and MSVC linking?

8. *Is MS Basic PDS 7.1 BEST?

9. Using Btrieve in MS Basic PDS 7.1

10. MS PDS 7.1 Configuration Problem

11. Mixed-Language PROBLEMS - MS FORTRAN 5.00/Watcom 10.6 and PDS 7.1