Timer..
Author Message
 Timer..

Thank you for having this news group!

How can I invoke the Timer to perform a task while
another object has the Focus? (Such as a Menu Item
running it's code?)  It seems the Menu must finish,
and then the Timer starts it's code; even though
I enable the Timer in the middle of Menu's code.
This is with VB 3.0

Tue, 21 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Timer..

Try using DoEvents().

Quote:

>Thank you for having this news group!

>How can I invoke the Timer to perform a task while
>another object has the Focus? (Such as a Menu Item
>running it's code?)  It seems the Menu must finish,
>and then the Timer starts it's code; even though
>I enable the Timer in the middle of Menu's code.
>This is with VB 3.0

Tue, 21 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Timer..

Quote:
>Thank you for having this news group!

>How can I invoke the Timer to perform a task while
>another object has the Focus? (Such as a Menu Item
>running it's code?)  It seems the Menu must finish,
>and then the Timer starts it's code; even though
>I enable the Timer in the middle of Menu's code.
>This is with VB 3.0

...In that case, you ought to pay a visit to comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
instead. :->

comp.lang.basic.misc (where you posted this) is intended for all flavours
of basic _except_ Visual Basic, since there are 30+ VB-only newsgroups
around already...
--
Marc van den Dikkenberg
-----------------------

Tue, 21 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Server Timers vs. Windows Timers for RS232 polling

2. system.timers.timer bug found

3. System.Timers.Timer in VB .NET ignores errors

4. Windows Service with System.Timers.Timer

5. Benefits of the timer object, bompared to the timer control

6. better timer than Timer?

7. timer event within a timer event

8. Q: Timer problem (need simple count up timer)

9. Timer interval is depending on code in timer event

10. Multimedia Timers = RealTime Timers ?

11. Timer Oh Timer

12. Calling a sub from a the timer event of a timer control