BASIC CGI scripts/ source code for basic interpreter
Author Message
 BASIC CGI scripts/ source code for basic interpreter

Hi,

Read my silly idea: I want to program my webserver CGI scripts in BASIC.
You know why? Because I don't like PERL or C++
So... does anyone have something which makes this possible?

The C source of a basic compiler or interpreter would be enough for me.

Thanks for reading this...

Stephan Szarafinski

Linkwerk BV internet content provider, www.linkwerk.nl

Tue, 04 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 BASIC CGI scripts/ source code for basic interpreter

You didn't say what operating system you're using.  However, you might want to
contact True BASIC (www.truebasic.com).  Its the original BASIC, and the
company was founded by the guys who invented BASIC.  Runs on many operating
systems and has many features soon to be useful for web work.  They may have
some news soon very much related to using basic on the web.  And knowing that
company and its products I'd wager that it will be awesome (and not vaporware
like 'JBASIC).

Regards,
Bob Torzynski
Eureka, California

Wed, 05 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 BASIC CGI scripts/ source code for basic interpreter

Quote:
> Hi,

> Read my silly idea: I want to program my webserver CGI scripts in BASIC.
> You know why? Because I don't like PERL or C++
> So... does anyone have something which makes this possible?

If you're webserver is 32-bit, and I suspect it is, then you'd want to
make sure you use a BASIC that can create 32-bit executables.  If
you are running Windows NT, you could use VB 5 although I don't
know how good it's performance would be.  If you are using UNIX
or SOLARIS, then I don't know.

jdm

Thu, 06 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 BASIC CGI scripts/ source code for basic interpreter

Quote:

>Hi,

>Read my silly idea: I want to program my webserver CGI scripts in BASIC.
>You know why? Because I don't like PERL or C++
>So... does anyone have something which makes this possible?

>The C source of a basic compiler or interpreter would be enough for me.

Look for Bywater Basic, which is an interpreter in C.  Should be
available on the Web.

Visit my source code page at http://www.mindspring.com/~johnecarter
Visit my favorite school at http://www.mindspring.com/~addison

Get PR-Tracker -- tracks problem reports, defects, bugs
INFORMATION:  http://www.prtracker.com/info.html
DOWNLOAD:     http://www.prtracker.com/download.html

Thu, 06 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Looking for Public Domain source code for Basic Interpreter

2. BASIC interpreter source code

3. BASIC Interpreter Source Code

4. Visual Basic source-code to C++ source-code

5. Visual Basic source-code to C++ source-code

6. Visual Basic source-code to C++ source-code

7. BASIC Interpreter example source

8. Source for Basic interpreter/compiler

9. Searching for Sources for a simple basic-interpreter

10. Quick Basic/Visual Basic source code

11. New BASIC interpreter for UNIX:MOLE basic

12. Help: Basic interpreter in Basic or C