Visual Basic 5.0 Fix in Application
Author Message
 Visual Basic 5.0 Fix in Application

Could someone read this data listed below and tell me if the IPAddress will
equal nothing after typing "127.0.0.1" in the inputbox?

IPAddress = InputBox("Enter The site IP Address ", "Server IP Address")
        If IPAddress <> "" Then
             ' if something in variable do this
        else
             ' nothing,  exit game
              end
        end if

This code works great in my game on all my computers, but 1 person on teh web
says it goes to exit game when he types in the ip address.  is there a fault
with the code?  is there any way to fix this or just reinstall the game?
I have vb5.0 Prof SP2

Tue, 29 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic 5.0 Fix in Application

Quote:
>Could someone read this data listed below and tell me if the
IPAddress will
>equal nothing after typing "127.0.0.1" in the inputbox?

>IPAddress = InputBox("Enter The site IP Address ", "Server IP
Address")
>        If IPAddress <> "" Then
>             ' if something in variable do this
>        else
>             ' nothing,  exit game
>              end
>        end if

It must be something he's doing different.  Maybe he's hitting some
weird key combination that exits the input box without assigning
whatever he typed to the return value.  The code above should work.

jdm

Tue, 29 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

2. Looking for differences between Visual Basic 5.0 enterprise and Visual Basic 5.0 Profesional

3. Permission Denied error fix for Visual Basic 5.0

4. Can I use Visual Foxpro 5.0 and Visual Basic 5.0

5. Calling Visual C++ 5.0 DLL Functions From Visual Basic 5.0

6. Controlling Director 5.0 movie with Visual Basic application

7. Visual Basic 5.0 Learning Edition, Application Wizard Problem

8. Visual Basic 5.0 vs. Visual Basic 4.0

9. Using visual basic controls outside a Visual Basic application

10. Preparing Your Visual Basic 6.0 Applications for the Upgrade to Visual Basic.NET

11. SQLAnywhere 5.0 vs Visual Basic 5.0

12. Visual Basic 5.0 vs. C++ 5.0