learning BASIC on the Mac
Author Message
 learning BASIC on the Mac

I am interested in learning the BASIC programming language.  I was
wondering if someone could post a tutorial or a list of books about
learning BASIC.  I would prefer if the material was Macintosh oriented.

     -Thanx

Sat, 23 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 learning BASIC on the Mac

Quote:

>I am interested in learning the BASIC programming language.  I was
>wondering if someone could post a tutorial or a list of books about
>learning BASIC.  I would prefer if the material was Macintosh oriented.

>     -Thanx

 You can find just about anything you could want with an internet search
 engine like www.yahoo.com. You can find tutorials on Qbasic,
 CBM MSBASIC 2.0, Amiga Basics, etc.

Sun, 24 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 learning BASIC on the Mac

Quote:
>I am interested in learning the BASIC programming language.  I was
>wondering if someone could post a tutorial or a list of books about
>learning BASIC.  I would prefer if the material was Macintosh oriented.

The True Basic student package is supposed to come with a tutorial.

Chipmunk Basic has a short tutorial on it's web page:
  http://www.nicholson.com/rhn/basic/
It's dialect is similar to that used in many books on Basic published
in the late 1970's and early 1980's.

All the Mac oriented books on programming in the Basic language are out
of print and refer to obsolete implementations.  (QuickBasic was never
updated for System 7; MacBasic was never released by Apple.)

Sounds like a market opportunity for a good author.

Good luck,

--

#include <canonical.disclaimer>          // only my own opinions, etc.

Sun, 24 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Learning Visual Basic Learning Edition Deluxe/Professional Edition

2. Book to learn VBA for a Mac user

3. Future Basic(Mac) and Visual Basic Compatability

4. Future Basic(Mac) and Visual Basic Compatability

5. Learning Basic - Visual Basic - Visual InterDev

6. Mac or Linux port of Liberty BASIC?

7. Mac Future Basic II Programmer required

8. Chipmunk Basic 3.3.7 available for Mac's

9. MS Basic 3.0 for Mac

10. Visual Mac Standard Basic

11. Microsoft Basic Compiler for Mac available