Open Com in VB5
Author Message
 Open Com in VB5

Hello, need an example, book recommendation, FAQ, or web site on how to
open a com port in Visual Basic 5.0. Found lots on the printer port, but
nothing on serial. I am trying to convert a Qbasic program to VB.

Qbasic example:
Open "COM1:2400,N,8,1,CD0,CS0,DSO,OP0" For Output as #1
Print #1, "0"

Visual Basic:
????????????

Thanks,
Rick Rowland
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Open Com in VB5

I think you need to use the mscom32 control that is explained in the help
area. If you have the Learning Edition as I do then your S.O.L. (as I am)
since it doesn't include that control. Since I am a (poor) hobby type the
more expensive editions are out of the question.
I am answering you with reservations as I know many on this group dislike
the word VB mentioned here. However I have posed the same question to the VB
group with nary a peep in return. So if any of you out there know of a cheap
shareware serial com control (not the $499 industry price) or can tell me
how to use the API to accomplish this I will be eternally grateful.

Quote:

>Hello, need an example, book recommendation, FAQ, or web site on how to
>open a com port in Visual Basic 5.0. Found lots on the printer port, but
>nothing on serial. I am trying to convert a Qbasic program to VB.

>Qbasic example:
>Open "COM1:2400,N,8,1,CD0,CS0,DSO,OP0" For Output as #1
>Print #1, "0"

>Visual Basic:
>????????????

>Thanks,
>Rick Rowland
>http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/8970/

Sun, 26 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Com usar a linha telefonica usando o VB5 (How use the phone using the VB5)

2. How do I open a COM port

3. Opening .msg files in Outlook via COM

4. Trapping Project Open Event in COM Add-in

5. Project Open event in a COM Add-in

6. Open event in a COM Add-in

7. Project Open event in a COM Add-in

8. A QB SUB for OPEN COM 1,2,3,4

9. help file transfer, open com

10. (VB) Accessing Modem once com is open

11. OPEN a COM port