Need Share Ware Qbasic Compiler
Author Message
 Need Share Ware Qbasic Compiler

I need a shareware compiler, that can work pretty well with Qbasic, not
quick basic. I tried Asic 5.0 and it didn't work. I really do not like to
waste Time, but I would like to know where can I get a shareware compiler
like this, that has a good amount of features, I am currently trying to
learn ASIC, but it's hard. And it isn't very easy. I am going to get
Liberty Basic, I do not know if It will work. I am sure it won't suit my
needs. I need something which is like Quick Basic, but Shareware. I would
like to know if there are any good Dos Share ware Basic compilers.

Thanks in Advance

Tue, 01 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Need Share Ware Qbasic Compiler

Quote:

> I need a shareware compiler, that can work pretty well with Qbasic, not
> quick basic. [...] I need something which is like Quick Basic, but
> Shareware.

Sorry, but none of the currently-available shareware compilers are really
QBasic-compatible.  You might want to keep an eye on the powerbasic web
page, though.  The most recent edition of the Powerbasic Gazette talks
about an upcoming product called "PBasic", which is an inexpensive
shareware compiler that appears to be targeted at the QBasic programmer.

The last time I checked the web page, PBasic wasn't yet available, but I
understand that it will be in the very near future.

(At least I hope it'll QBasic-compatible.  It would be such a relief to
finally have a good answer to the all-too-frequent "how do I compile my
Qbasic program?" queries on this group.)

---
Glen Blankenship

Tue, 01 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Need Share Ware Qbasic Compiler

I have been looking long and hard for a share ware qbasic compiler
and I know some one that found on prodigy something 100% compatible with
qbasic that compiles called "WYSIWYG BASIC" WYSIWYG stands for
"What You See Is What You Get". I hear you can set it to compile
Qbasic, GWBasic, and something else.

        The friendly programmer\hacker
        Matt I. Gulden*
        "It's a small small net after all!"

*If anybody cares, I am moving on to C++

Sat, 12 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Need Share Ware Qbasic Compiler

I've Looked for ALONG time and have yet to find a shareware compiler that
is  %100 compatible with QBasic. I have recently got QBasic Extened and
that is %100 compatible but it is also form Microsoft :/

Sat, 19 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Need Share Ware Qbasic Compiler

Quote:
>I've Looked for ALONG time and have yet to find a shareware
compiler that
>is  %100 compatible with QBasic. I have recently got QBasic Extened
and
>that is %100 compatible but it is also form Microsoft :/

Why are you looking for a shareware QBasic compiler if you
already have a commercial compiler?

Sun, 20 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Need Share Ware Qbasic Compiler

writes:

Quote:
>I've Looked for ALONG time and have yet to find a shareware compiler that
>is  %100 compatible with QBasic. I have recently got QBasic Extened and
>that is %100 compatible but it is also form Microsoft :/

I can understand why Qbasic compatablity is important to you, especially
if you
have a lot of QBasic code you want to maintain. But I think you should
face the facts, only Qbasic is 100% compatable with QBasic. If you are
looking for a BASIC compiler for your code then I recomend PowerBASIC. It
is 99% compatable with QBasic/QuickBASIC and once you start using
PowerBASIC you will be very pleased with all the advanced features PB 3.2
has. Another very big advantage of PB is that it is supported very
actively by the people of PowerBASIC, INC and
version 4.0 is expected to be released later this year.

Sun, 20 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Need Share Ware Qbasic Compiler

: I have been looking long and hard for a share ware qbasic compiler
: and I know some one that found on prodigy something 100% compatible with
: qbasic that compiles called "WYSIWYG BASIC" WYSIWYG stands for
: "What You See Is What You Get". I hear you can set it to compile
: Qbasic, GWBasic, and something else.

Matt:

I'd like to get a copy of this if it's really shareware/freeware. Do you
have any further information?

Wayne

--
                        Wayne Borean - AKA The Mad Hatter

I'll expand your universe....

Tue, 22 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Need Share Ware Qbasic Compiler

: I've Looked for ALONG time and have yet to find a shareware compiler that
: is  %100 compatible with QBasic. I have recently got QBasic Extened and
: that is %100 compatible but it is also form Microsoft :/

You really expected to find something shareware that's 100% compatible?
Most shareware programmers wouldn't have the time, or capabilities to
produce something like that.

--
                        Wayne Borean - AKA The Mad Hatter

I'll expand your universe....

Thu, 24 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Need Share Ware Qbasic Compiler

Quote:

>: I've Looked for ALONG time and have yet to find a shareware compiler that
>: is  %100 compatible with QBasic. I have recently got QBasic Extened and
>: that is %100 compatible but it is also form Microsoft :/
>You really expected to find something shareware that's 100% compatible?
>Most shareware programmers wouldn't have the time, or capabilities to
>produce something like that.
>--
>                        Wayne Borean - AKA The Mad Hatter
>I'll expand your universe....

Where do you get QBASIC Extended?

Sun, 27 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Need Share Ware Qbasic Compiler

: >: I've Looked for ALONG time and have yet to find a shareware compiler that
: >: is  %100 compatible with QBasic. I have recently got QBasic Extened and
: >: that is %100 compatible but it is also form Microsoft :/

: >You really expected to find something shareware that's 100% compatible?
: >Most shareware programmers wouldn't have the time, or capabilities to
: >produce something like that.

: >I'll expand your universe....

: Where do you get QBASIC Extended?

You would probably have a hard time finding a copy of it, it's been out
of production for quite a while.

You have 3 options:

   100% Qbasic compatible but it's close, and it is a professional level
   compiler.

2) Find a software store that will do special orders (probably a smaller
   chain store) and ask them to pull their Microsoft catalog. You want either
   Quick Basic 4.5 (cheaper alternative) or Visual Basic Dos Pro (full blown
   professional level compiler).

I wouldn't recommend buy Quick Basic 4.5 if you are serious about
programming, you'd outgrow it too quickly.

I also can't recommend Visual Basic DOS Pro, because while Microsoft
still sells it, they don't support it.

If you can afford the outlay, buy Power Basic 3.2. It's current, still
fully supported, and is a full professional level language.

Wayne

--
                        Wayne Borean - AKA The Mad Hatter

I'll expand your universe....

Thu, 31 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need a Qbasic compiler

2. **I need a QBASIC COMPILER**

3. I need a QBASIC Compiler!

4. Need compiler for Qbasic

5. qbasic compiler needed

6. QBasic Compiler needed

7. I need an example of NET SHARE when creating a local printer share

8. Free/Share Basic software with compiler

9. QBasic Compiler

10. QBasic Compiler

11. Wanted: Compiler for QBASIC (MS DOS 6.0)

12. An Inexpensive QBasic Compatible Compiler