DOS BASIC problems with NT
Author Message
 DOS BASIC problems with NT

Quote:
> I am having a problem running my DOS application on an NT network.  The
> program runs fine on the server, but when they try and run it off their
> workstations they are getting an error 53 "File not Found".  It seems that
> it is a problem trying to load in a file.  Currently we are using the ".\"
> command to get the directory.  I am not sure if this might be the problem
> or not.
> If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!!! Thanks!

Yes, the world should be a fun-lovin' place and... but I guess you don't
want those ideas, more ideas on the subject, right ?

Well, the way I see it (a no-no when it comes to networks and NT, though),
".\" is YOUR current working directory. So if you run the program off the
server and YOUR current working directory isn't on the server, then the ".\"
points to a dir in which there are no files for the program.

That's my idea, anyway..... who knows... :)

Good luck with solving it :)

--
Beldin
.oO Those who know cannot explain, those who don't cannot understand Oo.

Sat, 01 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DOS BASIC problems with NT

Quote:

>I am having a problem running my DOS application on an NT network.  The
>program runs fine on the server, but when they try and run it off their
>workstations they are getting an error 53 "File not Found".  It seems that
>it is a problem trying to load in a file.  Currently we are using the ".\"
>command to get the directory.  I am not sure if this might be the problem
>or not.
>If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!!! Thanks!

Try finding out which file it's trying to open and check the path to
this file, may be a file sharing problem, locked record or file,
screwed up NT setting, long file name incompatibility, it's not
a full moon etc. etc. etc.

From past experience with NT it'll be a right sod to track down :-(
best of luck.

TTfn,

Craig___

Sat, 01 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DOS BASIC problems with NT

<snip>

Quote:
> screwed up NT setting, long file name incompatibility, it's not
> a full moon etc. etc. etc.

Well, as all us who have administered or assisted in administering a
site of both networked and standalone computers know, computing *IS* a
black art.

--
Joe Drew
Anti-American extraordinare and QB programmer

Sat, 01 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Free Beta Visual Basic Dos Compiler (DOS, WIN95/NT,Linux)

2. Can not SHELL to BASIC - in Windows NT DOS

3. Dos basic-compilers with NT 4 NTFS-filesystem

4. NT Virtual DOS Machine Problems with VB4 16Bit

5. NT Virtual DOS Machine Problems with VB4 16Bit

6. problems with a selectpalette, it dos'nt wortk

7. VBDOS Basic DOS using Timer in Windows DOS box

8. basic-dos or c-dos

9. VBDOS Basic DOS using Timer in Windows DOS box

10. Visual Basic for DOS Module Size Problem

11. dos-basic-prg to linux-basic-prg