I want to learn basic
Author Message
 I want to learn basic

What is the best book or help program to learn basic?  I am better than
average at computers, took basic in high school (over 10 yrs ago) and
want to relearn the language.

Any help appreciated.  reply here or email.

Thank You!

Susan

Mon, 18 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 I want to learn basic
   I'm still in high school, and I'll be taking basic next semester.
However, I was so eager to learn the language, that over the past summer,
I purchased a book to help me.  I was looking for one of those "Basic for
dummies" or something, but I happened to come across a book entitled
"QBasic By Example" -- written by Greg Perry.

   I strongly suggest this book!  I've learned probably all I going to
need to know for next semester, and I just love to program.  The book
cost me $21.95, but it was well worth it! (about 600 pages, but I only
read the stuff I want to know.)

Wed, 20 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 I want to learn basic
Quote:

>   I'm still in high school, and I'll be taking basic next semester.
>However, I was so eager to learn the language, that over the past summer,
>I purchased a book to help me.  I was looking for one of those "Basic for
>dummies" or something, but I happened to come across a book entitled
>"QBasic By Example" -- written by Greg Perry.

>   I strongly suggest this book!  I've learned probably all I going to
>need to know for next semester, and I just love to program.  The book
>cost me $21.95, but it was well worth it! (about 600 pages, but I only
>read the stuff I want to know.)

It can be even better. The publisher has a site which can be reached on the
web to download all of the sample programs shown in it! I don't have it in
front of me right now, but I think the address is:
http://www.mcp.com
I will check it tonight and if it is different I will post a correction. I am
not sure if it can also be reached via ftp.

Mon, 25 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Wanting to learn Visual Basic

2. Wanting to learn Visual Basic, need help....

3. Learning Visual Basic Learning Edition Deluxe/Professional Edition

4. Wanted: Visual C/Basic programmer wanted!

5. Learning Basic - Visual Basic - Visual InterDev

6. Newbie wants to Learning VBA

7. Wanting to learn VB 6?

8. Testers for multilanguage learning program wanted!

9. Can you help a 16 yr old Wanting to learn VB 4

10. Wanted: VB5 Learning Version

11. Newbie--Wants to learn about RTF

12. Begginer wants to learn