gwbasic and dos 2.1 (?)
Author Message
 gwbasic and dos 2.1 (?)

Quote:

>Let me ask you a question... I have been so long out my oooooold XT
>and basic programming that I don't know the answer and I really need
>your help.

>I have a custom database program that was written with gwbasic and dos
>2.1 (I think that's the right version)... its an old one anyways.  I
>want to run this program on my 486 but have NO idea if this would be
>possible.

>Does anyone know the answer to this question?

Hi Glen,

  Unfortunately (or fortunately for you) nothing has changed since the old
8088 days. If you've got the code, data files, and GW-BASIC you should be home
free!

  ____    _    ____      ____  _____
 |  _ \  / \  / ___) __ | ___)(_   _) |  Don Schullian
 | |_)  / _ \ \____\/  \|  _)   | |   |    Gramou 33
 |____//_/ \_\(____/\__/|_|     |_|   |  Papagou, 15669
 ___________________________________  |      Greece
  =================================== |  ++30-1-654-6200

   -----------======### DOWNLOAD ###=========------------
            Nutz 'n Boltz for powerbasic v3.2
              A library of everyday goodies
   DOWNLOAD N-B-V2??.ZIP FROM YOUR FAVORITE SITE TODAY!

Mon, 05 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 gwbasic and dos 2.1 (?)

Let me ask you a question... I have been so long out my oooooold XT
and basic programming that I don't know the answer and I really need
your help.

I have a custom database program that was written with gwbasic and dos
2.1 (I think that's the right version)... its an old one anyways.  I
want to run this program on my 486 but have NO idea if this would be
possible.

Does anyone know the answer to this question?

Thanks for sharing your expertise.

Glen McDonald

Mon, 05 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 gwbasic and dos 2.1 (?)

GWBASIC should run under DOS 6.22 on a 486, and anything written for
GWBASIC should run, only *lots* faster.  Your only problem should be
finding a machine with both types of floppy drive; 5.25" drives are
getting scarce.

Thu, 08 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clarion for DOS 2.1

2. Cl;arion for DOS 2.1

3. GWBASIC (1/1) - gwbasic.zip [2/2]

4. GWBASIC (1/1) - gwbasic.zip [1/2]

5. Problems with ado 2.1 module

6. importing data > 2.1

7. ListBox MegaList.xls to Word ADO 2.1

8. MDAC 2.1 and Access 97(-) Incompatable

9. Wallet 2.1 causes 8002802b VBScript error when clicking the PayNow button

10. psr.bas for PowerBasic 2.1

11. PowerBasic 2.1 Statements and Functions