voice - modem communication?
Author Message
 voice - modem communication?

I've been working on an X-10 -like program for the past few months.  It's very
cool....I can turn lights on and off, have full control of music, and am able
to do it all through telnet or the web server that's built in.

But then I got an idea.....

Is it possable to use the MS Comm control in VB6 to listen for phone calls?
Instead of using a computer to connect, I could call the computer through a
regular phone and use either voice commands (which I'm working on) or the
number pad to control the software.  (you know, pound-6 could turn light 6 on
or off)  I also wanted to use the program as an answering machine.  I've used
programs in the past that have this feature, but I dont know how to do it in
VB6.  I know how to call other computers (and get called) using the Comm
control, but voice seems to be another world.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

The Huhn
"Good lord, boy!  You certainly do things with a bang, don't you?" - Groupie

{feeding the spam-bots with his current hate list...}

Thu, 25 Dec 2003 14:55:56 GMT

1. Serial Communication - VB.NET - Detect if fax/modem or voice or busy or fast busy

2. Communication with voice message modem

3. Communication with message voice modem

4. voice communication through modem in VB6

5. Sending A Voice Message Over A Voice/FAX/Modem

6. Sending A Voice Message Over A Voice/FAX/Modem

7. Sending A Voice Message By Telephone Over A Voice/FAX/Modem

8. Sending Out A Voice Message On A Voice/FAX/Modem At A Pre-determined Time

9. Sending A Voice Message By Telephone Over A Voice/FAX/Modem

10. Sending Out A Voice Message On A Voice/FAX/Modem At A Pre-determined Time

11. Voice Programmierung mit Modem USR Sportster Voice 33.6

12. Voice Mail - Programming a Voice modem