TCP/IP in Qbasic\Quickbasic
Author Message
 TCP/IP in Qbasic\Quickbasic

do you know any programs or websites that have basic programs that
involves with TCP/IP?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Thu, 08 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 TCP/IP in Qbasic\Quickbasic

Quote:
> do you know any programs or websites that have basic programs that
> involves with TCP/IP?

I ran into something a LONG time ago on this. And contrary to what most of
the CS majors I know, Qbasic can totally handle and send TCP/IP traffic. I
sadly was just at the beginnings of my computer knowledge. TCP/IP traffic
over a network might be tricky (I have yet to try and access my NIC from
Qbasic, Mmmm something to try), but using a dial up connection, and
knowledge of the structure of TCP/IP packets, you could do it.

~Billy Ho
"Coffee is a tool invented by the Man, to keep you up doing more work for
the Man"

Sat, 10 May 2003 13:38:35 GMT
 TCP/IP in Qbasic\Quickbasic
You can find a VB DLL + a QB4.5 library that allows QB 4.5 to interface
with the W95 TCP/IP services
at the URL http://dmitrybrant.hypermart.net/
I never tried it
Hope it helps
Antoni
Quote:

> do you know any programs or websites that have basic programs that
> involves with TCP/IP?

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Wed, 14 May 2003 08:18:20 GMT
 TCP/IP in Qbasic\Quickbasic

Quote:
> do you know any programs or websites that have basic programs that
> involves with TCP/IP?

Check out my comprehensive article at

http://dreael.catty.ch/Deutsch/BASIC-Knowhow-Ecke/InternetMitQuickBAS...

It uses DOSISODE, an old but well working TCP/IP start for *pure* DOS. Use
http://babelfish.altavista.com/translate.dyn for translation from German
into English.

                        Andreas
Andreas Meile
Abt. Systementwicklung
Tel. direkt: +41 52 260 34 94

onsite solutions ag
Archstrasse 2
CH-8401 Winterthur

Tel. +41 52 260 34 70
Fax +41 52 214 07 80

WWW: http://www.onsite.ch/

Mon, 19 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 TCP/IP in Qbasic\Quickbasic
I've read your article, and while it is very useful, Babelfish always
dies before it makes half of the way through. Is there any other way to
have it translated to English so I and others can read the rest of it?

Quote:

--
      "The sage isn't sick.
       He's sick of his sickness.

Mon, 21 Jul 2003 01:22:49 GMT
 TCP/IP in Qbasic\Quickbasic

Quote:

> I've read your article, and while it is very useful, Babelfish always
> dies before it makes half of the way through. Is there any other way to
> have it translated to English so I and others can read the rest of it?

try http://translator.go.com

Sat, 02 Aug 2003 18:18:43 GMT

1. tcp/ip and or ipx for quickbasic 4.5

2. QuickBasic 4.5 and Networking (TCP/IP)

3. TCP/IP Qbasic Routines

4. QBasic TCP/IP library?

5. TCP/IP in QBasic

6. TCP/IP not TCP/IPing

7. Setting the Gateway IP (in TCP/IP Settings) via program

8. Tcp/ip or Ip number ?

9. TCP/IP IP address and multiple adapters

10. qbasic or quickbasic?

11. QBasic/QuickBasic IRC channel

12. History of QuickBasic, QBasic, PDS, VB and VB DOS