Moving Binary data between files quickly.
Author Message
 Moving Binary data between files quickly.

Help!!!!

I don't use QuickBasic very much as most of my programming is done in
VB.

However, the appliction I'm writing is so simple, theres no need for
a Windows front end.

I have some data in a big binary file and I want to take a chunk out
of it and write this out to a seperate file.

I've got the chunk length and offset no problem.

I can do it but at the moment it does it byte by byte but its taking
an age,

The code I'm using is this:

DIM T AS STRING *1

OPEN "XYZ.DAT" FOR BINARY AS #1
OPEN "ABC.DAT" FOR BINARY AS #2

FOR N=1 TO 21447

GET #1, (N+1023), T
PUT #2, N, T
NEXT N

O.K, stop laughing! ;-)

The problem is, I need to  do this several times within the program
and some of the chunks are as big as 200K.

Can somebody give me a snippet of code or some help so that I can get
the ifo out of one file and into another quickly.

It's driving me nuts!!!!!

Please reply via e-mail!

Jed

Sun, 23 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Moving Binary data between files quickly.
Hmmm...  If you could tell ME how to figure out file buffer addresses, I
can give YOU some ML-to-Basic code to move the data.

--
______________________________

Steven Sensarn

______________________________

Sun, 23 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Moving Binary data between files quickly.

Quote:
> Help!!!!

[snip]

> Please reply via e-mail!

> Jed

We are not your personal help line. Asking for a reply by email is rude,
as you'd know if you'd read the demon documentation on usenet etiquette.
There is no excuse for demon users who ignore the guidelines on posting
to usenet. Read DISPC.TXT in your INTERNET directory.
Cheers,
--
Douggie

Mon, 24 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Moving Binary Data between files fast!

2. Help with moving graphics quickly?

3. Moving shape quickly

4. Questions moving DAO to ADO QUICKLY.

5. Write ADO Field containing binary data (files) to the file system

6. Binary Data in SQL 2000/Conver to Bitmap Data For Data Grid View

7. Write image data as binary to append existing file

8. Write data in binary file / Convert Image

9. Reading/Writing Data for Binary Files

10. How to retrieve data from binary files?

11. Populating an array with data from a binary file

12. Binary Data File?