Porting QuickBasic to the Mac
Author Message
 Porting QuickBasic to the Mac

Quote:

> Greetings;

> I've been assigned a project to port a bunch of quickbasic code to some
> kind of Basic for the Mac.
> I'm presently using FuturebasicII which doesn't seem very closely
> related in syntax & structure to QBasic; I'm curious if anyone can name
> a version of Mac Basic with less painful porting from Qbasic.

> Thanks,

> -Scott Locklin

Well, you could try QuickBasic for the Mac. ;-)
Seriously, though, I think you'll probably have a hard time finding it. I
don't use a Mac, so I couldn't help you any further except to suggest
that you call Microsoft and ask them where you can get it.

--
====================================
Very funny Scotty!

                Capt. James T. Kirk
====================================

Mon, 14 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Porting QuickBasic to the Mac

Quote:

>> I've been assigned a project to port a bunch of quickbasic code to some
>> kind of Basic for the Mac.

>Well, you could try QuickBasic for the Mac. ;-)

MS QuickBasic for the Mac hasn't been updated for several years.  It
has several problem running under System 7.X with the 32-bit memory
manager.

You could try FutureBasic II, True Basic, VIP Basic or, if you don't
mind a slower freeware interpreter, Chipmunk Basic.  See
  http://www.fys.ruu.nl/~bergmann/compilers.html
for more complete info.

--

#include <canonical.disclaimer>    // only my own opinions, etc.

Tue, 15 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Porting VB to Java or Mac

2. Porting to MAC?

3. porting program to mac

4. Converting QuickBasic for Mac

5. Is there a Mac version of QuickBasic 4.5?

6. QuickBasic control modem on Mac

7. Help me track down Microsoft QuickBasic 1.0e (MAC)

8. 040 Mac QuickBASIC

9. Compiling 040-Clean Code In Mac QuickBASIC 1.0

10. Handshaking With Serial Ports In Mac QuickBASIC

11. Handskahing With Serial Ports In Mac QuickBASIC

12. Launching Application From Compiled Mac QuickBASIC App