What The Hell Is Quickbasic? 
Author Message
 What The Hell Is Quickbasic?

That Is QB is it the same as VB or what??



Tue, 17 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 What The Hell Is Quickbasic?

QuickBASIC is a 16-bit DOS-based structured BASIC that Microsoft released in
the early 80's.  It comes with a compiler and an integrated editing
environment.  It allows the user create reusable modules by allowing files
to be created and compiled separately, and eventually linked together.  The
last version of QuickBASIC (4.5) was released about 11 years ago and not
further enhancements have been made to the language or compiler.

Visual Basic is a Window's based structured BASIC that uses many of the
ideas originated in QuickBASIC.  It allows programmers to easily write
Window's programs.  However, since Windows' uses what is called an
event-driven model versus the linear model that DOS programmers expect,
there is a small learning curve.  Microsoft strongly supports Visual BASIC
and it will be around for some time.  A variation of Visual BASIC is Visual
BASIC for Applications (VBA).  Most new Microsoft products (such as MS Word,
Excel, the Visual C++ integrated development environment, MS Access,
etc,...) include VBA.

Most general routines written in QuickBASIC (such as sort routines and file
access routines) can be easily used in Visual BASIC.  System specific
routines (such as sound and video routines) will have to be rewritten to use
Visual BASIC's methods of input and output.

Visual BASIC is extremely popular and many job opportunities are available.
--
Increase the Peace

Quote:

>That Is QB is it the same as VB or what??



Wed, 18 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 What The Hell Is Quickbasic?

See comments below...

Quote:

>QuickBASIC is a 16-bit DOS-based structured BASIC that Microsoft released
in
>the early 80's.  It comes with a compiler and an integrated editing
>environment.  It allows the user create reusable modules by allowing files
>to be created and compiled separately, and eventually linked together.  The
>last version of QuickBASIC (4.5) was released about 11 years ago and not
>further enhancements have been made to the language or compiler.

This is not entirely true, actually QB 4.5 have been updated in the form of
PDS 7 (Professional Development System) and also VBDOS 1.0 which is Visual
Basic for DOS.  VBDOS can be used to program the standard linear programs or
can be used to create event driven programs similar to the Windows version.
The difference is that the GUI is created for Text Mode so at times it does
not look to pleasing.

Quote:

>Visual BASIC is a Window's based structured BASIC that uses many of the
>ideas originated in QuickBASIC.  It allows programmers to easily write
>Window's programs.  However, since Windows' uses what is called an
>event-driven model versus the linear model that DOS programmers expect,
>there is a small learning curve.  Microsoft strongly supports Visual BASIC
>and it will be around for some time.  A variation of Visual BASIC is Visual
>BASIC for Applications (VBA).  Most new Microsoft products (such as MS
Word,
>Excel, the Visual C++ integrated development environment, MS Access,
>etc,...) include VBA.

>Most general routines written in QuickBASIC (such as sort routines and file
>access routines) can be easily used in Visual BASIC.  System specific
>routines (such as sound and video routines) will have to be rewritten to
use
>Visual BASIC's methods of input and output.

>Visual BASIC is extremely popular and many job opportunities are available.
>--
>Increase the Peace


>>That Is QB is it the same as VB or what??



Wed, 18 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 3 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Where in hell can I purchase QuickBasic 4.5??

2. VB4, Am I in hell???

3. Am in SQL Hell please help

4. converting quickbasic code to ascii, or vb, or anything besides quickbasic

5. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

6. I am learning VB.NET and am wondering....

7. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

8. QuickBasic > How the hell do you obtain the current path?

9. Newbie question: What the hell am I doing wrong?

10. When is 5:00 AM not 5:00 AM? When it's 5:00 AM.

11. HELP!! QuickBasic Needed by tomorrow AM!!!

12. ListBox Hell

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software