email from QB4.5?
Author Message
 email from QB4.5?

I am running a small QB4.5 program once an hour on a remotely located PC
that is networked (TCP/IP). I would like to have an email or message sent to
my mailbox when/if QB reports a problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks...

Don Mansfield

Sat, 06 Aug 2005 06:14:23 GMT
 email from QB4.5?

Quote:
> I am running a small QB4.5 program once an hour on a remotely located PC
> that is networked (TCP/IP). I would like to have an email or message sent
> my mailbox when/if QB reports a problem. Any suggestions?

You can try:

That worked for me, until Win 2k.

--
Frisbee? MCNGP #13

http://www.mcngp.tk
The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

Sat, 06 Aug 2005 22:43:16 GMT
 email from QB4.5?

Quote:
> I am running a small QB4.5 program once an hour on a remotely located
> PC that is networked (TCP/IP). I would like to have an email or
> message sent to my mailbox when/if QB reports a problem. Any
> suggestions?

Since you didnt mention the operating system, I take it for granted that
its some sort of Windows machine? Which windows is it? Afraid most of my
answers would refer to geting basic to email from linux or unix.

Gandalf  Parker

Sat, 06 Aug 2005 23:42:13 GMT
 email from QB4.5?

Quote:
> I am running a small QB4.5 program once an hour on a remotely
located PC
> that is networked (TCP/IP). I would like to have an email or
message sent to
> my mailbox when/if QB reports a problem. Any suggestions?

There are a bunch of little mapi programs out there that you
could shell to, but their (automated) success depends upon the
security imposed on the system.

I have one in Delphi -- you are welcome to the binary and
source code...

Sun, 07 Aug 2005 04:26:55 GMT
 email from QB4.5?

    Don> I am running a small QB4.5 program once an hour on a remotely
    Don> located PC that is networked (TCP/IP). I would like to have
    Don> an email or message sent to my mailbox when/if QB reports a
    Don> problem. Any suggestions?

Check out BLAT, http://www.interlog.com/~tcharron/blat.html

Andru
--
Andru Luvisi, Programmer/Analyst

Quote Of The Moment:
  Every living man has limitations, beyond which he becomes incompetent.
  The wise man, whether artist or artisan, will endeavor to learn the
  nature of his limitations and to keep his work well within them.

        - Nevil Maskelyne

Sun, 07 Aug 2005 13:08:36 GMT
 email from QB4.5?
Sorry. I am using Win98 and Win2k.

Don Mansfield

Quote:

> > I am running a small QB4.5 program once an hour on a remotely located
> > PC that is networked (TCP/IP). I would like to have an email or
> > message sent to my mailbox when/if QB reports a problem. Any
> > suggestions?

> Since you didnt mention the operating system, I take it for granted that
> its some sort of Windows machine? Which windows is it? Afraid most of my
> answers would refer to geting basic to email from linux or unix.

> Gandalf  Parker

Tue, 09 Aug 2005 19:19:12 GMT
 email from QB4.5?
well, actually you can access winsocket from quickbasic and after create own
little code for sending mail through 25'th port.
try to find sources for qb and winsock, i have used them 2 years ago, but
dont have now, so cant help you much, sorry. but good thing is, that it's
possible.

--
arachno
http://forums.arachnoware.com

Thu, 22 Dec 2005 10:40:19 GMT
 email from QB4.5?

Quote:

> well, actually you can access winsocket from quickbasic and after create own
> little code for sending mail through 25'th port.
> try to find sources for qb and winsock, i have used them 2 years ago, but
> dont have now, so cant help you much, sorry. but good thing is, that it's
> possible.

Nope, don't do that -- it's too complicated.  Instead check out BLAT,
http://www.interlog.com/~tcharron/blat.html, as advised in the message
from Andru Luvisi.

Cheers

Derek

Fri, 23 Dec 2005 12:25:51 GMT

1. QB4.0 -> QB4.5

2. Difference between QB4.5 & QB4.0

3. Who asked porting qb4.5 to vb3? lost email address

4. Sending email to more then one email

5. Problem emailing from VB/Access when notes is email server

6. Send a email to email-address with netscape ???

7. Send email from Acc97 to Lotus notes email.

8. VBA Send Email with specific Email Account

9. Modify EMail properties on a per automation generated EMail

10. getting email senders Actual Email address

11. getting email senders actual email address

12. Parsing Email fields from saved EMAIL