Plasma graphic?
Author Message
 Plasma graphic?

OK-

This one's a toughie.

Is there any way to make a plasma-looking window (window that has
smooth transitions from color to color) in SCREEN 9?

If that isn't possible, how about SCREEN 13?

I am looking for something to use as background of a title screen.

Thanks,

Gloria

Thu, 17 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Plasma graphic?

Quote:

>OK-

>This one's a toughie.

>Is there any way to make a plasma-looking window (window that has
>smooth transitions from color to color) in SCREEN 9?

Screen 9 only has 16 colors, which is a bit on the low side for what you
want to do... Screen 13 should look a lot better, even though the
resolution is lower.

There are some plasma-programs available for download in the ABC packets:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~excel/pbabc.html
http://www.basicguru.com/abc
http://come.to/abcpackets

--
Marc van den Dikkenberg
--

Thu, 17 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Plasma graphic?

Quote:

>>OK-

>>This one's a toughie.

>>Is there any way to make a plasma-looking window (window that has
>>smooth transitions from color to color) in SCREEN 9?

>Screen 9 only has 16 colors, which is a bit on the low side for what you
>want to do... Screen 13 should look a lot better, even though the
>resolution is lower.

What about palette switching(or can't you do that in mode 9)?
Quote:

>There are some plasma-programs available for download in the ABC packets:
>http://www.xs4all.nl/~excel/pbabc.html
>http://www.basicguru.com/abc
>http://come.to/abcpackets

>--
>Marc van den Dikkenberg
>--
>The PowerBasic Archives (EU) -- http://www.xs4all.nl/~excel/pb.html
>The PowerBasic Archives (US) -- http://www.basicguru.com/dikkenberg
>All Basic Code Archives      -- http://come.to/abcpackets

Fri, 18 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Plasma graphic?

Quote:

>>Screen 9 only has 16 colors, which is a bit on the low side for what you
>>want to do... Screen 13 should look a lot better, even though the
>>resolution is lower.
>What about palette switching(or can't you do that in mode 9)?

You can change the palette dynamically, but 16 colors is still less than
what most plasma effects are using...

It would work, but will definitely be less impressive than if you would
have had more colours at your disposal.
--
Marc van den Dikkenberg
--
The PowerBasic Archives (EU) -- http://www.xs4all.nl/~excel/pb.html
The PowerBasic Archives (US) -- http://www.basicguru.com/dikkenberg
All Basic Code Archives      -- http://come.to/abcpackets

Sat, 19 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Creating Plasma Screens

2. Plasma clouds

3. Plasma effect for PowerBASIC

4. Plasma in QBasic 4.50

5. Plasma Generators

6. Coding plasmas...

7. Plasma in vb

8. Cheap Plasma TV N8

9. graphics filter to convert array(x,y) to standard graphics

10. Saving graphics objects to an standard graphics file

11. Graphic example - 'smart' connected graphic objects

12. Graphic example - 'smart' connected graphic objects