ActiveX Server & COM /DCOM
Author Message
 ActiveX Server & COM /DCOM

Dear pal

My question/ problem is about COM / DCOM.

I base my problem on two MSDN articles:
1. Q161837 HOWTO: Create a DCOM Client/Server Application
2. Q176951 HOWTO: Use Events to Generate Asynchronous Callbacks

I have an ActiveX EXE application -the Server application and a standard
EXE with an ActiveX DLL -The Client Application.

When I'm running the client and the server on a single PC all parts are
working perfectly, the first client application is launching the ActiveX EXE
server and then all other clients instants are using the same instant of
the ActiveX EXE server.
Then I'm installing the ActiveX EXE server as a DCOM component on another
computer (on the server computer) and configuring it with the "DCOM
Configuration" to run on this computer.

The problem is - when I'm starting some Client application on one PC all the
client instants are using the same instant of the ActiveX EXE server (which
is running on the server computer). BUT when I'm starting another Client
application on another PC it's launching the ActiveX EXE server (on the
server computer) once again!?
How can I force all client applications all over the local NET to use the
same instant of the ActiveX EXE server (on the server computer)?

Another question is where I should configure that if I'm compiling the
ActiveX DLL the standard EXE that is reference to this DLL will not feel it
and I should not have to compile the EXE again. The same question is about
compiling ActiveX EXE.
Please don't tell me to open all the projects together in one Group,
different peoples in different city's are developing the DLL and the
standard EXE

Please HELP me with my problems

Gil-ad Arad
                  \\\ | ///
                 | ~   ~ |
                (- o o -)
-------oOOo (_)OOo------

Gil-ad Arad
R&D Team
CTMotion

Home Page : http://www.*-*-*.com/
                  Oooo
-----oooO--( )  )--
    (  ( )         )  /
     \  (          (_/
      \_)
Send me an E-mail and I will be notify by
receiving your E-mail on my cellphone screen with your name and the E-mail
subject

Sun, 21 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ActiveX Server & COM /DCOM

2. ActiveX EXE & COM/DCOM

3. ActiveX EXE & COM/DCOM

4. ActiveX EXE & COM/DCOM

5. How different ATL, COM,DCOM,DLL,ActiveX Contrl....

6. How different ATL, COM,DCOM,DLL,ActiveX Contrl....

7. COM & DCOM

8. COM & DCOM

9. COM & DCOM

10. COM & DCOM

11. How to load COM object from server (DCOM)

12. COM & DCOM